Phone just Stopped charging

My phone had been working fine until I left for vacation. When I got to my mom’s house, it wouldn’t charge. I tried plugging it into another socket, tried a different cable, tried a different charged, tried plugging it into the computer, tried plugging it in the car, removed the battery, restarted the phone, put the battery back in and nothing worked. The charger I was using worked fine with my other phone. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a problem with the charging port maybe.
Examine it to see if it looks damaged in some way.

Might have to open it up and check if charging port cabling hasn’t come undone.
Note: Never disassembled mine so not sure if there is a simple cable connection.

Any chance you have an OTG adapter to plug in a flash drive? If that also fails then it is definitely the port.

Or battery died on you :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Thanks. What’s an OTG adapter? USB-c to USB-B and plug a flash drive into that?
I was afraid it might be something like that.

Is there a way to tell it’s the battery without buying a new one and seeing if it works? This was also one of my thoughts. But if it was the battery, shouldn’t it at least turn on when it’s plugged in?

Most (all ?) devices won’t get powered directly by USB, but only from battery.

Sorry, apart from switching with another similar device I can’t figure an easy way to dig further in diagnosis :crying_cat_face:

Ok, thank you for your help. I emailed support so I’ll see if they can figure it out.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.