Pixel 4a 5g stuck after flash boot

Hi everyone,

My device is stuck on Google logo after i run fastboot flash boot ./recovery-e-1.2-r-20220727206630-dev-bramble.img.

The device is not recognized anymore by fastboot, same for adb. I think i made a mistake because my mobile was on Android 12 instead of 11 (didn’t read the docs carefully…). Is there a way to recover back my phone?

Thanks for your help !

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

When you unlocked the bootloader did you reboot the device and go into settings to reset usb debugging?

Because if you did that OK, then fastboot should still be available by button press from powered off state.

Yes, i rebooted the device and go into settings to reset usb debugging.
When i stay pressed power button, the phone start, the first message is:
Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and may not work properly.
I have only one option: Press power button to continue
The second message is:
The bootloader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guarantted. Any data stored on the device may be avaiable to attackers. Do not store any sensitive data on the device. ID: 88265D85
A writing seems to be superimposed on this message but I can’t read it.
I still have only one option: Press power button to continue.

Then Google logo is displayed and i cannot do anything.

Some information, maybe could be helpful…

fastboot flash boot ~/Downloads/recovery-e-1.2-r-20220727206630-dev-bramble.img
Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB)                        OKAY [  2.780s]
Writing 'boot_a'                                   OKAY [  0.485s]
Finished. Total time: 3.625s
fastboot --version
fastboot version 33.0.2-8557947

I think you should be able to recover this but you are going to need fastboot so that you can flash stock android 11. Don’t worry too much about the corrupt device warnings.

The plan should be to power off the device (unplugged from pc) and then try to get fastboot mode by holding vol down press power.

How to power off when in some kind of bootloop I’m not sure but first try hodl power button for longish time. If that does not do anything try long press power and vol up. By long I mean 15-30 seconds or so.

2 Likes

Ok thanks, i’m on e/os now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.