Pixel 5: Bluetooth Broken

Hi everyone,

I just installed a fresh copy of /e/OS v1.18-t-20231207360613-st on a Google Pixel 5 and Bluetooth is not working at all:

1. I’m completely unable to pair my Sony WH-1000XM4 Headphones: They appear in the “Pair new device”, but when I tap on them nothing at all happens.
  2. As for my Galaxy Buds 2, they appear in the “Pair new device”. However, after successful pairing I’m unable to connect to them - every sound is still played through loudspeakers of the phone
  3. I’m also unable to pair my Logitech Keys-To-Go: Same behavior as for the Sony headphones: The device appears in the list but a tap on it does absolutely nothing.

I’ve seen that others already reported issues with Bluetooth pairing:
https://community.e.foundation/search?q=bluetooth%20pair

In addition, I’ve used all three devices on a Pixel 5 before using CalyxOS w/o any issues.

To sum up: It seems /e/OS has some pretty big issues with its Bluetooth implementation - which might be related to some key or code exchange algorithm during pairing (just a wild guess).

In any case, it would be awesome to get this sorted out and I’m happy to provide any further information necessary to get this fixed. Unfortunately I don’t know where to start, so any hints are welcome.

Of course I found a way to connect after I wrote the post above :stuck_out_tongue:

I was able to connect the bluetooth devices with the following workaround:

1. Open Settings App
  2. Navigate to Connected devices > Connection preferences
  3. Select Bluetooth
  4. Tap on + Pair new device
  5. Pair as you normally would

However, please note that pairing is not possible when I do the following (no clue why):

1. Pulling bluetooth tile into the screen by swiping from top to bottom (where the other quick actions such as Wifi, Do Not Disturb etc. are)
  2. Long press on the Bluetooth button
  3. In the Connected dervices screen, press + Pair new device and try to connect
  4. Watch the symptoms which let the pairing fail as described above

Please raise issues on Gitlab if not already done. If facing an issue with Gitlab ID pl check this guide.

Done. For future reference: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7655

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.