Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable

/e/ is actually, after all this time, excellent!

2 Likes

Well if we’re going to keep the topic alive lol

May as well stay /e/ at this point (IMO)

Edit- I guess internationally it could be a challenge though

2 Likes

Let’s not! :slight_smile:

Agreed. There are more important things to spend time on than wasting it on re-branding (IMHO also)

1 Like

Not so sure:

Better that way but shows the versatility of results:

#Notagoodname !

Honestly I like this quirky name…

3 Likes

The problem is not the name itself (which I agree, is cool) but the fact that it is not “pronounceable & searchable” easily

1 Like

This thing is unsearchable on the web…

Why dont you try to search efoundation? Simple and fast

1 Like

Oh its very searchable, google is likely the problem in your case

So that’s the name, efoundation. Ok, really ugly.

Is not about the name , but what they do. Isnt?

I suggest two options:
YODAISYODA
based on your data…
Or
FOEBES
based on FOr Ever BEta System :slight_smile:

what the hell…Star Wars meme huh?
LOL

Maybe I’m not looking for the homepage itself? Baut maybe if e OS is available for BQ Aquaris X Pro. So if you combine e OS with some other word, “e” will be completely ignored.

So search for efoundation devices

because in order to KNOW to search for efoundation, someone must know that /e/ is efoundation.

I agree with the request in this topic. Although e or /e/ seem carchy, it is a VERY UNINSPIRED branding idea for several reasons:

1. is too generic and literally impossible to find relevant information on search engines
  2. “/e/” is not a set of valid characters to be used in an OS for naming files directories (for example if I want to store all the related files about the os in my computer)
  3. people here are suggesting “why not use efoundation instead”? For a simple reason: because “e” and “efoundation” are not the same word. So, if I tell someone “dude, check that awesome ungoogled OS called e”, won’t know to search for “efoundation”
  4. the association between e and efoundation is too ambiguous and unless expressed explicitly, a new user may not figure it out.
  5. no search engine will ever index based on “e”. Is too short, to common, irrelevalt as a search criteria.

If the decision remains that e is the name of this OS, perhaps giving a “name” to each OS Major version would be a good idea to make searching and indexing more intuitive.

Ultimately the decision will belong to the /e/ team…

1 Like

Why is this thread even open, they won’t change it anyway …

It should be renamed before it gets too popular, but I doubt they will do. It’s really not searchable, if you search for e it only shows you generic stuff or the letter e-related content, if you search for /e/ most of the search engines do not recognize the slash (/) or interpret it as URL. If you search for efoundation some search engines may force you to search for “e foundation” instead due to the spell check (so does Google), so the best way is searching for e-foundation with a (hyphen-minus).
Eelo used to be a good name on search engines, but you can only find stuff related to old news when the project was named this way. Quite depressing, to be honest.
/e/ may sound modern or minimalist, but search engines do not care about it, it’s like searching for * or (.
To the project be known and searchable, it should have a very good name (even something invented) to become catchy and going mainstream.

1 Like

There will be a new brand name as you can read here. We can finally stop discussing and start waiting until the second article is published :wink:

To be continued: */e/ & 2021: the year everything is going to change (2/2) — New product roadmap to a V1 and a new brand name.

4 Likes

Hmm… Many people seem to have found it.