"plussed" Fairphone 3

They are xz compressed. The full version has 2.8 GB

I don’t have ever seen a GSI OTA because it has to be flashed by fadtboot. It’s a .img, not a zip. So OTA will work different.

If there is a way to flash it by OTA only PHH, the master of GSI could say

Indeed I missed this detail.

Thank you for those explanations.

Hi,

anyone got news on the availability of the FP3+ image?
According to store fresh devices should be shipping since yesterday, maybe delayed?

/Uwe

The FP3+ devices should start shipping from the eShop later today.
On the image …will share the link to an /e/ Q build for the FP3+ ASAP.
Team is testing it right now

1 Like

Hi Manoj,

thank you so much for confirming this fast.
So, an installer image will appear then in the downloads section as well?
Until now I stayed back to flash the stock FP3 image to an FP3+ phone or would that be the way forward?

BR
/Uwe

The FP3 / FP3+ /e/ Q builds in the next set of releases will be the same. As mentioned we are testing them and will share them hopefully later today.

4 Likes

There is a reason, I support this project.
Thank you so much Manoj.
/Uwe

Dear @Manoj and team,
thanks for your precious support, I am looking forward to the Q builds!
I wish you a good health for you and your family!
Best, Raymond

Hi all! Just to reiterate what I’ve said in the FP community forum, I’m a guy who cares about privacy but is extreeemeley scared of turning an expensive phone into a brick

As I can’t postpone anymore using my FP3+ that I purchased some time ago, I’ve decided that going to be used by Google for a while and use simple Android. I know you’re releasing the Q build really soon (great job!), but I’m a tech blacksmith that is out of depth with all these complicated steps.

I think I read somewhere that there’s work in progress regarding an auto-installer for the FP3, so I want to thank in advance those people because not everyone concerned about privacy is super tech-savvy. Please let us know when it’s ready. It will be much appreciated!

This code will also be released once we finish and publish the FP3 / FP3+ builds. The last update I had early this morning the team was still testing various features on the phones. Expect the release will get extended by a day.

1 Like

Hello, do you have some news about the release ? Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

We are running a final set of tests. Expect the release should happen today EOD or by tomorrow in case of any issues.

3 Likes

I am already running the test builds and for me they are working fine :slight_smile: just to boost the hype :partying_face:

2 Likes

EmeIjVaUYAAg5OB EmeIka7UYAELQxS EmeImHoVkAYla3O

:loudspeaker: The /e/ FP3+'s are rolling out. Grab yours from the eShop if not already done !!!

8 Likes

Great news.
What about those like me who have a fp3+ already and would like to install /e/? On the descriptions of the installations guides it still says not for fp3+ or new camera moduls…

1 Like

I am also wondering about this too, it does say now “Install /e/ on a Fairphone FP3/3+” but then there is a caution saying “The FP3+ and its new camera modules are not supported on /e/OS yet.” :man_shrugging:

The warning is being removed. Should not show up by Monday when the team would come in and push the change to the documentation server.

5 Likes

Thanks Manoj for your quick response, looking forward to testing it :slightly_smiling_face:

If you press the power button to continue, this screen will appear again?

I’ll swap the modules tonight. I had to upgrade to Q first