Power button long press behavior changed

Background:
The pockets in one of my pairs of pants activates the touchscreen on my OnePlus Nord.
Interestingly, I didn’t have this issue before /e/OS v1 I think.
Because of this, I have to set my phone to “lockdown mode” when placing it in my pocket or it ends up with a bunch of random things being tapped on (pocket/ butt-dialing).

Issue:
I frequently forget to do this and recently, I seem to have somehow changed the behavior of the power button.
Previously, performing a “long-hold” or, “medium hold” if that exists, (of just the power button not power+volume), would take a screenshot.
After the change, performing a long hold would result in either nothing happening, or an “Emergency call” being placed. After multiple tries and varying levels of pressure on the power button, I could lockdown mode it.

Actions:
I performed an /e/OS factory reset and reinstalled all apps and the behavior of the button has changed to where now a long-hold does get the power menu to appear and does not place an emergency call but the screenshot function has still not returned to how it was.
I looked at several posts on Power button function and screenshot function but none seem to be the same issue.

Question:
Has anyone encountered any of this?
Was my power button just not functioning properly to begin with?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Maybe easiest to use Search within Settings, for Power button … from there Power menu.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.