Problem install /e/ on Samsung Galaxy S9

Hello I got a new SM-G960F with basic android 10 on it.

I followed the tutorial on : [HOWTO] Install /e/ on a Samsung smartphone with Windows easily

But i had a problem installing e-0.17-o-20210531117530-stable-starlte.zip I got the following error:
Warning: No file)context
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/11120000.ufs/by-name/VENDOR

ERROR: Vendor image on the device is NOT compatible
Expected version: 27_ARI9
You can download from is.gd/omexok

Update process ended with ERROR:7

I tryed with 3 versions (3.5.1_9-0, 3.5.1_9-0, 3.3.1-1 starlte) of TWRD and from the ADB sideload as local on the mobile. But al the same error. What can I try to do?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If you decide to install stable /e/ Oreo, starting from android 10, you will have to first replace the vendor image

1 Like

Thank you Piero for an solution! But where can I find a vendor image? And is that the same install process of installing the /e/.zip ? My last question where can I find this vendor image?

Hello

I had android 10 (s9 g960f )but after using easy-installer I got /e/ stable Oreo

I didn’t notice before that stable /e/ is ver 8.1 oreo

Can i install now the dev Q ver 10 /e/ using Heimdall?
Is it safe?

Thank you

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/starlte/install

On some devices, installation can fail if vendors are not up-to-date. In this case, please:

• Download those vendors
  • Install them
    • On the device, go into Advanced > ADB Sideload, then swipe to begin sideload
    • From the computer, please run adb sideload <vendors file>

OR
use the TWRP install feature

You realise you are attempting to downgrade your Android 10 to Oreo? Stable images are stuck on Oreo at this time. An alternative would be to install a dev build which is Android 10 - q

When you read the install instructions for q dev build there is a caution that you should upgrade the phone to manufacturers latest version first. So you are advised to flash latest Samsung firmware, this can be done with Heimdall.