Problems to install e/OS with easy installer on OnePlus Nord

Hi,
I tried to install e/OS on a OnePlus north with easy installer in the following way:

• I installed easy installer on Ubuntu
  • I started easy installer
  • I followed the instruction on easy installer
  • everything went OK; device was identified and image was uploaded to the device
  • after the device tried to reboot into recovery mode I got following screen:

The current image(boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot.
Please flasch the correct image or contact customer service to fix it.

How can I reboot the device to flash a new running image ?
Normaly the smartphone reboots pressing the sound and power button. But this is working only if android is running on the phone.

Any help is extremely appreciated !

Thnx in advance !

Hi @Detlef_Muc welcome to the /e/ forum.

I suggest you first check that you can still boot into fastboot and that you get a response from

fastboot devices

then you know you have the chance to follow the manual instructions, Install /e/OS on a OnePlus Nord - “avicii”.

Easy Installer v.21 (I think [1]) is expected to install Android 12 (S) today. In this case the existing OxygenOS pre install should meet this from the above install page

Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 12 firmware.

A “forced change” of Android version might explain

[1] You might try to confirm this by studying or sharing the log.

1 Like

I’ve got exactly the same situation. Flashing recovery images doesn’t work, either official or community.

I’ve then switched to slot b (fastboot set_active b), and the community recovery image works. But I wanted to install Official image (with adb sideload ….zip), and signature failed. I guess the community recovery image can’t install Official images?

More like your two slots cannot have different Android version ! :slight_smile: …

Android 13 (T) e-2.2-t-20240716417775-dev-avicii.zip    recovery-IMG-e-2.2-t-20240716417775-dev-avicii.zip

Android 12 (S) e-2.2-s-20240715417774-stable-avicii.ziip recovery-IMG-e-2.2-s-20240715417774-stable-avicii.zip

… I think. Is that what is going on?

… no, I miss-read … an Android 13 (T) recovery cannot install an Android 12 (S) ROM.

and / or I wonder what was different about the two slots before you started ?

You were sure to have the device meeting this before you started:

Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 12 firmware.

If you want to have stable / official we have to think of a way to downgrade both slots safely to Android 12 (S).

This would be one way, if you can source a suitable ROM https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/avicii/fw_update/.

From a quick search: https://xdaforums.com/t/firmware-flashable-firmware-modem-baseband-ril-oneplus-nord-avicii.4432439/

Important
Only proceed if you have a OnePlus Nord (avicii) AC01AA, AC01BA or AC01DA and a custom ROM installed. However, I recommend making a backup before and get the unbrick tool from here, just in case.

Your phone might be quite unstable after flashing both slots like this, so you want a definite plan of action I suggest to fully populated the first slot with /e/OS. If successful, then fill the second slot with the same.

Perhaps Updater > local update.