Problems upgrading Samsung galaxy S10 5g from A11 to A12

I am inclined to think so.

You can check your actual installed baseband version and your actual security patch revision date in
–>settings → about the phone → android version →

No, If already carrier unlocked, it will stay unlocked, so you have the choice,between VOD & BTU,
if not already carrier unlocked, gsm service won’t work running /e/OS (unlocking -code can only be entered running Samsung-VOD/OS)

It was already unlocked while running Samsung VOD Android.

Cannot check settings because I cannot boot into any OS at the moment

All good. Managed to install BTU fw (E binary) and that was A12. It took me a while to find the right combination of buttons to go into Recovery to eventually install /e/ os but managed to do that too.

Many Thanks for all your help, Piero and Iain.

2 Likes

Hello I am stuck more or less on the same spot.
I was unable to upgrade the firmware via OTA for some reason so I tried to flash and ended up with a similar message: *NEL REV. CHECK FAIL DEVICE: 14, BINARY: 2 (DTB)

Can you let me know both with firmware you ended up using and which components you flashed.
I’m trying to flash a similar one from FTM, if I’m not mistaken, but I’m unsure of which components to flash.

Best regards

Just to summarize I was having trouble sorting heads from tails with the firmware.
I ended up getting the latest version from samfw.com, like @thekindone and it was pretty straightforward using Odin.
Now let’s get back to flashing /e/

Hi there.
Apologies for the late reply.

It’s been a while since I did this and in my busy-ness I looked briefly at locating the correct firmware but seems like you did it.

Good luck with the rest

Can’t find DTB firmware for SM-G977B

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.