Problems with Oneplus 7 pro

Hi,

I have a big problem with my newly buyed Oneplus 7 Pro.

I have flashed the phone with /e/OS 0.14 and today updated it to /e/OS 0.15.

The problem is the SIM card, like you can see at the fotos attatched. The SIM card does get found in the phone, but the phone doesn´t find any cellphone network. If I try to manually deactivate search cellphone network automatically and search manually for them, the phone hangs up in a loop and the app “settings” has to get shut down via taskmanager.

The phone is a GM1910, this is a Chinese version, but this verison normally has no problem to find european SIM cards. For me it looks like a software issue.

Has anybody ever had this case reported?

Maybe there is a file you can provide me or something, that I can flash with the e os and then the SIM card connects to a cellphone network.

My cellphone provider is Hutchison Drei!

I live in Europe/country: Austria/city: Innsbruck/state:Tyrol.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I am very sorry for upload the fotos everytime in a new post, I am only allowed to post one foto at once as a new community member.
I would be pleased if someone could help me with this problem! Thanks very much for your help!!!

Was it working before flashing /e/?

Hi Ludix,

thank you very much for the fast reply!
This is the problem…I didn´t try… :see_no_evil:
I took it straight out of the box and flashed it…now I know better…I know I´m an idiot! :woman_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I don’t know much specific about OnePlus phones, but I think you can find the original ROM online.

It’s a good idea to update the phone from the stock ROM before flashing /e/, so I’d recommend trying that if there’s no other suggestions. In the same step you can try the SIM functionality on stock OS.

Could this be the same issue reported in GitLab?

Hi
1/ go to settings menu
2/ go to internet menu
3/ clik on sim menu
4/ try to change the color of sim and valid a new color
5/if nothing appear, try with a new sim
6. If nothing appear,try to flash a old version of E.

I had a problem similar and sometimes i change the color of sim in the menu

Pierre

Hi Pierre :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much for your response and help!!
Unfortunately it didn´t work out! I have tried with 10 SIMs now and nothing helped. I also tried to set the colours like you described.7

Regards,

Fabian

Hi, try with a other os, lineage os or a old version of /e/.
If the problem is material, i don’t see how to repare a sim system, it’s easy to change a camera etc. But that -.-.
After find a solution to send back the phone to the seller.

Hi,

I have some news, I have managed to connect to the mobile network like you can see in the foto 1 attatched. But unfortunatelly it didn´t last long, because I took out the SIM card and put it back in and then the phone didn´t manage to connect to the mobile network again :confused: I first flashed the first version of e os what was available for this phone at the e foundation homepage.
It really looks like, that the issue is related to the phone, otherwise I cannot explain this behavior.

I have one essential question left**:**
I really need WLAN-calling. I have a foto attatched (Foto 3). This screenshot was taken when the SIM was recognized once in SIM card slot 2.
But I cannot find a WLAN- calling icon/symbol. Is it possible with e os to get this function on the Oneplus 7 pro? The phone itself supports it and mit mobile network provider either! Or is there something what to care about to activate it?! I am just wondering why there is no WLAN-calling icon at the top of the screen.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Regards,

Fabian

Hi tantalus

That i know and with my little expérience with installing and using /e/ .
You have a lot of phones compatible with /e/.
You have différentes images to flash.
Some images are /e/ versus oreo or pie or Q.
It depend of the process of developping.
A lot are alright and sometimes you have some problems.
It’s not fix, it depend of the phone and the developping.

Maybe your phone need a little more time of developping and with a little patience you will have a image of flashing who will resolve the problem, i see that for me with my lecoo pro 3 and my last install with the new image flashing with /e/ Q, it resolved a few bugs and now it’s perfect.

A thing alert me with your capture , i see LTE.
I had a similar problem than you, call your mobile operator, say you cannot detect your sim and ask to have a technical instructor to check all the paramètres.
Maybe you have to change some config, proxy etc, in the accès point.
You can have a surprise and discover that the config is not good.
You can change manually but you nead the bases config from your operator.
I did that, and after it was OK for me.
They send me a other card sim too to be sure, and it was better.
But now, i have in my computer all the capture image of the good config.

For your other question
In my phone, i see i can make calling with wifi if i activate the option but i have no icon, i will check later.

Good luck, you detect one time the sim, you have bigs chances to resolved the problem.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you an update regrarding my problem with my Oneplus 7 Pro smartphone.
I had the problem, that the device respectively the SIM didn´t connect to a service provider.
The probelm was, that the “e” OS needs to be flashed on all two slots, slot a and slot b and it is mandatory using the “e” OS recovery instead the TWRP, otherwise it doesn´t work.
But i experienced an issue with the update to v0.16. When the software update was finished, the phone didn´t start up again.
I tried a fresh install of v0.16 and it did work, but it was very annoying, that I had to reinstall all the apps and make the configurations to the phone, I had before. This error of the update took me about 6 hours, to get back to the state my phone was before the update.
I want to thank you for your help and endevour to solve my problem!!

Best regrads,

Fabian Orth