Problems with Satellite app on Murena

Okay, so I am sharing with you that the telecommunication app Satellite does not work properly on Murena OS. It does work on a stock android tho. The function not working is receiving calls, although sending calls does work.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

check your System → microG settings for device registration being active (or post a screenshot). Mostly there were positive reports on Satellite

2 Likes

Okay thanks, this did the trick.
May I ask what device registration does? Is there resource on it? Please link.
Does it compromise anonymity, the little text says it creates unique device id…?

Device reg is hooking into firebase cloud messaging, getting timely notification (“push”) of an incoming call is the legit use-case to enable it.

I don’t think there is much anonymity to begin with between you and Satellite. If you never had microg active and no Google connections then sure your device now leaves a lot of signals in that infobit bucket the devicereg created.

But what matters imo much more is Satellites terms of use and privacy policy.

1 Like

Okay thanks, now I know why a few other apps weren’t working properly too. About satellite, yeah it does not give anonymity.