Problems with sending SMS on Asus Zenfone 8

Since the last days i have problems with sending SMS on my Zenfone 8.
I use /e/OS v1.14

¨Error sending. Tap to try again¨

I know that SMS is a bit outdated, but because I don’t want to use Whatsapp and use Signal myself, this is still an alternative.

This is how I discovered this problem.
It seems that the problem only occurs when I want to send an SMS to an iPhone.

Yesterday I managed to send an SMS message to an Android device, but this could also be a coincidence.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Have you tried another SMS app?

1 Like

Thanks that works for me. But i dont know why the SMS app from /e/ doesn´t work for me.

I have donloaded the Open Source sms app from simplemobiletools. works fine without problems.

Just an FYI, I’ve been updating my Zen8 to version 1.14 recently and I dont have any issues sending / receiving SMS to Android or IPhones with the /e/OS built in SMS App.

If you have the same phone then it should also work for me with 1.14.

However, I installed another open source SMS app in the App Lounge from ¨Tibor Kaputa¨ which works perfectly and is now set as default for SMS.

The standard SMS app of eOS therefore logically no longer works for me.
I can’t send SMS or delete old ones.

I only need one that works and for me the solution was to install another SMS app.
This problem has been solved.

I’m having a similar problem with my Teracube 2e. I use the native text messaging app and can sometimes send messages without a hitch. But recently, both before and after the latest system update to 1.14.2, I get a “failed to send, tap to try again” notification. This happens in ongoing threads, where I was actively texting someone without issue just moments before. If I restart the phone, I can sometimes copy and paste the content to a new message and send it, but this doesn’t always work. Today when it happened, I tried clearing the cache for the app and then rebooting. That worked once but not the next time. Any ideas what’s going on and how to fix it?

1 Like

I also have problems with the App Lounge and also with whatsapp.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.