Q3 - Samsung S9 Plus Update

Samsung Galaxy S9 ‘starlte’ and S9 Plus ‘star2lte’ (initial theme) were released in March 2018 with Android 8.0 (Oreo), received an upgrade to Android 9 (Pie) in 2019 and a final upgrade to Android 10 in 2020.

So it can be assumed that the so-called ‘super’ partition in both S9 devices was not reformatted to a ‘normal’ partition, because it never existed.

I had already considered flashing Stock Android 10 with UI 2.1 to the S9 again to find this ‘super’ partition. This would have required me to go through the ‘OEM unlocking’ procedure again. Fortunately, as it now turns out, I didn’t feel like it.

I think
a. That only devices which are shipped with Android 10 does have this superpartition

b. That you are using a Android 10 compatible TWRP which is showing the parts of the superpartition.

But both are only ‘a thought’ ftom me.

I’m aware of that, which is why im asking for one of the devs/mods to confirm if the information they have previously provided is still correct? In that, is the Samsung S9 plus update to eOS-Q still scheduled to be released either this month? Or next month?
I find it rather odd that we’re now on post 23 and I still haven’t received an answer to that question. Even though I asked it in my first post …

Thank you for the information, however I gathered all that from the article I linked to earlier. But I appreciate you summarising it. :slightly_smiling_face: As for installing another android OS, I would like to install /e/ rather than Lineage OS as /e/ is supposed to be more de-googled than Lineage. I don’t see the point in going through all the effort of backing up, installing custom recovery, hooking my phone up to Odin, flashing the rom etc if Lineage OS still isn’t fully degoogled like /e/ OS.

Also, I’m aware there are alternative roms out there e.g Havoc, Kai, Crdroid etc. But I’d rather stick to /e/ as it seems like a great OS. Plus, I like this forum, seems to have some very helpful and knowledgeable people in here like yourselves. :nerd_face:

Who is flagging every message ?

1 Like

I was wondering why they were doing that as well…As I don’t consider anything I’ve said to be offensive or spam. It doesn’t matter anymore though as they have since restored the messages.

I was able to install official /e/ Oreo on my s9+ (exynos version) which had been upgraded to stock android 10.

Although, frankly speaking I don’t recall if I had to do any prerequisite step, its been a while. All I recall is it was relatively straightforward vs a huge pain that I had expected :slight_smile: