Questions about /e/ cloud

Hello everyone !

I use the /e/ cloud since a few months (and I works just fine) and I just wonder where is the server located ?
The cloud is free (for 5GB), is it entirely paid by the donations ?
Which measures do you take in order to guarantee the protection of our data ?

It would be great to have more information about the cloud displayed on the /e/ website.

Thank you

Everything is hosted in EU. France for the most part.

Legally, your data is protected by General Data Protection Regulation.

Technically robust TLS security with reliable opensource software is deployed to protect your data in transit.

It is paid by the donations and contribution for the most part but free of cost use is not something that is being encouraged.

Info from https://hypestat.com/info/ecloud.global

Ecloud.Global - Info

ecloud.global receives about 99 unique visitors and 394 (4.00 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $1.61 /day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $677.53 . According to Alexa Traffic Rank ecloud.global is ranked number 3,205,190 in the world and 7.0E-6% of global Internet users visit it.

Site is hosted in France and links to network IP address 37.187.138.29 . This server supports HTTPS and HTTP/2 .

Ok, but this is the same law for every cloud in EU and some of them sell their customer’s data. Is it written somewhere that you do not sell our data ? (I know, it seems obvious that the foundation do not sell the data, but it’s always good to have a proof that our data isn’t used)

Are our files encrypted ?

Update :
ecloud.global receives about 318 unique visitors and 635 (2.00 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $2.59/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $1,891.51. According to Alexa Traffic Rank ecloud.global is ranked number 3,451,425 in the world and 7.0E-6% of global Internet users visit it. Site is hosted in Germany and links to network IP address 51.75.90.184. This server supports HTTPS and HTTP/2.

Thanks for your answers

Check the response on our wiki

Ok, that’s cool ! Thanks.