Random crashing on FP3+

Hey everyone, I should have reported that earlier, but I suffer the safe issue with my FP3 since about Summer 2021.

My issue seems very close to the one explained by @Flat

Regularly (sometimes several times a day), mainly at home, my Phone “crashes”/“stops to work” with a “black screen”, but it does not seem really shutdown; it seems stuck on black screen, and I need to press Power button about 15 seconds for it to start properly and be usable again.

I think this issue started from version 0.18 of e/os. It was even worse with version 0.19.
I though it was far better with version 0.20 but in fact no:

• when I upgraded my e/os I was in holidays, probably with a far better cellular network (no Wifi at all) than at my home
  • as soon as I came back to my House, crashes started again
  • yesterday it crashed 4 times !

My carrier is SFR (it is said to be the less worst where I’m living … :/).

If I understand well, my baseband seems well up to date:

# adb shell getprop gsm.version.baseband
953_GEN_PACK-1.345890.4.356774.1,953_GEN_PACK-1.345890.4.356774.1

I have plenty crash logs to share with anyone willing to?

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same problem : I live in a big French city with good network, I never have any problem there. But sometimes when I’m in vacation in the countryside, my phone (Fairphone 3) shuts down without warning. I have to press the power button 10-15 seconds to start it again. The crashes have happened since at least 1 year, but always in areas with poor phone network. Crashes happen even if mobile data and Wifi are deactivated.

My e/os version is 0.22 and my baseband is 953_GEN_PACK-1.356774.1.425464.1

I also have an error report file that I can upload.

Hello,

Is your carrier SFR (or Red SFR) ?
This issue seems to happen mainly with this carrier and in France.
We tried to solve this problem here : Fairphone shuts down randomly (#4175) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

In my case, disabling 2G has been working until now. To do so : “On your phone’s dialler, dial *#*#4636#*#* and open the Phone information menu. In the Set preferred network type setting, you can now select the combination of network types that suits you most. So it should be LTE/WCDMA.”

But if crashes happen even if mobile data and Wifi are deactivated, maybe it is a different issue for you… You should post your crash log on Gitlab.