Recommend best /e/ hardware for US in 2024

Hello fellow /e/nthusiasts! I am a US user looking to upgrade my Motorola G7 Plus (lake) to a newer phone that will work on my carrier ATT. Something with a better screen & camera and faster processor. Also something that has good 3rd party support for covers etc. I am thinking of a Google Pixel 7 but I would appreciate any input from the community. What’s a good, modern /e/ phone that’ll work in the US? Thank you all! -Russ

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Not that latest, but good: Pixel 5 (redfin)

Get ahead of the curve - get your Pixel 5 with /e/OS, fully compatible with T-Mobile, AT&T, and MVNOs at murena com

For your information only: Murena launches own-brand mobile network in the USA

2 Likes

For me it’s the Pixel 4a5g for sure, 6.2" screen, rear fingerprint reader plus the 5G bands. It’s all the Pixel 5 is but more screen. I have friends with the 4a5g and the Pixel 5. If you like the smaller size/screen then the Pixel 5 is for you, like Xxpsilon says.

The Pixel 6 and 7 lack the rear fingerprint reader so they actually took something away in those model. In those the fingerprint reader is onscreen. Not nearly a convent IMHO as the rear reader

1 Like

For me, the purist-looking Pixel 5 has three striking advantages over the 4a (5G ):

/e/OS-T with Re-locked bootloader | Verfied boot instead of open bootloader

Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum back, aluminum frame instead of glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame

The USA model Google Pixel 5 (GD1YQ) also offers 5G UW (Ultra Wideband) 258, 260, 261 Sub6/mmWave 5000 Mbps instead of (5G Sub6) 3000 Mbps

2 Likes

I’m using a refurbished Pixel 6 and it works very well for me. If it broke tomorrow I’d definitely buy another Pixel. It’s a bit annoying to me to be using Google hardware, but there’s no denying it works really well with /e/OS.

I’m using Consumer Cellular for the mobile network and they actually use the ATT network under the hood.

2 Likes

Apparently the Pixel 4a is equipped with Gorilla 3 glass, which left a lasting impression on me.

1 Like

Sony devices are good

1 Like

Thanks to all for your suggestions!