[LIST] Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices

What about Samsung S9+,bought from /e/store?

4 Likes

S9…S9+ identical? IDK…probably not.

2 Likes

Hello.

What’s about GSI images ?

Thanks.

Hi!

I will need a new mobile within a month or so as my iPhone X is dying on me. If I buy a Xiaomi Poco F3, how long before it is thoroughly tested and stable enough to be a daily driver?

Will e.foundation work toward an installer which detects your mobile and fetches the needed files or something to make the process easier for non-techy individuals? I have seen thr GSI and how your tool works for your supported phones, but what I wondered was if this is something you will do for more phones over time or include the GSI in some form? I am capable of installing and testing, but I must admit that I am a bit lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

A quick research : Introducing /e/OS Generic System Images (GSI)

• it has been announced in the newsletter :slight_smile:
1 Like

Yes, thanks, its my daily :wink:

I asked about ‘R’ one…

OK sorry for misunderstanding

Don’t worry, be happy :wink:

1 Like

Would love to see Gigaset GS290 and Sony Z5 Compact on this list as it expands :pray:

3 Likes

@Manoj Any chance to add Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (a5y17lte) to the list? LOS version for this device is now 18.1 (LineageOS Downloads)
Thank you!

3 Likes

Would also like to see the A5 2017 (a5y17lte) added to the list

There is an unofficial LOS 18 build for this device. Because it’s unofficial, I need to work out what changes need to be made in the kernel and device trees, and get hold of the right vendor blobs, before an R ROM can be built. I’m not an /e/ employee, so this stuff happens on my spare time. It will happen, but I’m not promising any timescales :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@petefoth Fully appreciate the volunteer nature of your contribution. I am very content with Q, don’t have a need for R so to speak… not letting the compact-sized phones get left behind is my real reason for the interest in R. I can’t help technically, but would happily ship you/e team a used compact phone from ebay as a contribution if that would help.

2 Likes

Added the a5y17lte to the list.

4 Likes

What is about dreamlte (Samsung Galaxy S8)

1 Like

Could /e/ team inform us when the source trees will be available for user (unofficial) build ?

Will check and update

Which url are you trying to access ?

As an expérimentation, is it possible that an advanced user, make this test :

Take a device running updated stock 11,
Flash a recovery if possible,
Change /vendor.IMG to an older, ( extracted from a stock 10 firmware )
Format /data, and Wipe /data /system /cache /davilk-cache,
Install /e/-0.17-Q

Thanks in advance.

That is what the easy installer seems to do for installing oreo.8 over stock android.10 on the Samsung s9/s9+