[LIST] Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices

Will check and update

Which url are you trying to access ?

As an expérimentation, is it possible that an advanced user, make this test :

Take a device running updated stock 11,
Flash a recovery if possible,
Change /vendor.IMG to an older, ( extracted from a stock 10 firmware )
Format /data, and Wipe /data /system /cache /davilk-cache,
Install /e/-0.17-Q

Thanks in advance.

That is what the easy installer seems to do for installing oreo.8 over stock android.10 on the Samsung s9/s9+

I didn’t try to access any URL for now, just waiting quietly for R source trees to be available and stabilized to start a build :slight_smile:
I’ve seen branch v-1-r but no 0.18 r, so I assume it’s not ready.
No hurry, I’d just like to be told when it’ll be OK !

The v-1-r should have the latest dev code in this case v0.18 . This is the same process as for all previous OS versions. Will check if a separate release branch will be enabled for R.

Can be X00TD added to the plan?
It has Official LineageOS 18.1 support

Thanks for pointing it out
have added to the list

2 Likes

Official LOS 18.1 on the way for :
Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro (vayu)
Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius)
Sony Xperia Tablet Z2 Wi-Fi (castor_windy)

As far as I know, these devices are not yet supported by /e/.

Thanks for sharing this info
will add to the list once the builds start rolling out

1 Like

same here. did buy it on the official /e/ store and would very much suprise me not to get the update

As the dev and stable updates to /e/OS 0.18 Quince tart version for the Gigaset GS290, have been yet released,
builds are from 2021.08.27, as others

You certainty want to talk about an upgrade to an /e/OS Red velvet cake version based on android 11

( it will come out of the RoadMap plan )

Hey,

am I right that only FP3 is supported for R and not FP3+?

2 Likes

@Manoj: This indeed needs clarifying. https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3 says

“Caution: Please note this upgrade is specific to users of FP3 only.”

The same page uses FP3 as the name for both FP3 and 3+. This is a bit confusing. “specific to users of Fairphone 3, not Fairphone 3+” would be clear, if that is the intended meaning of the warning.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. The text was put in when FP3+ had just come out. The /e/ R upgrade build is valid for both FP3 and FP3+
Will have it updated in the documentation ASAP.

8 Likes

thank you for the info

I have a FP3 running the latest /e/ Q 0.18, and would like to upgrade to R (beta). Should I flash the stock Fairphone OS (which is on Android 10 still) before flashing the /e/ R 0.18 build ?

Or can I simply flash /e/ R with adb using those instructions ?

Maybe you have a look at this topic (it’s for FP2 but also valid for FP3) or this issue first. It may help for avoiding a factory reset

2 Likes

I finally decided to do a clean flash of /e/ R without flashing stock beforehand, and followed the instructions on the page I linked (I had done the same thing to upgrade from Pie to Q). I don’t mind a factory reset, I don’t have much on my phone anyway.

Your suggestions are appreciated, and I am sure that they will be useful to someone wishing to upgrade, thank you !

2 Likes
1 Like

It feels great to find the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) on this list. I am eagerly waiting to test and report. I have just one query regarding the version upgrade. Miracast is currently supported and working on Pie builds but does not work on stock LineageOS “R” builds on this device. Will /e/ R builds keep supporting Miracast on this device just like the Pie builds has up until now? As far as I know, there is no way to cast using chromecast while using MicroG, so killing support for Miracast will result in killing support for a major hardware feature. I really really hope this does not happen.

1 Like