Request for Nokia XR20

Hello. I would like to suggest /e/ OS for the Nokia XR20.

The Nokia XR20 currently runs:
Android One
Android 11

I did not find any other ROMs for this device.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Uhmmm, seems that there aren’t mutch resources for this device at the moment:

BTW here’s a list of Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 chipset-based devices that MAY “inspire”:

I would like to second this request very much.

I would give a huge +1 here as well. Great outdoor phone, only thing missing is a 100% privacy-friendly OS here.

Another +1. Don’t have one yet, but as the old Motorola keeps slowing down it’s getting more tempting by the day, and e would be a nice cherry on top.

Can we maybe assist this specific build financially to speed things up?
I have no skills to assist on the technical side…

I don’t think that would make any difference. /e/OS is a custom ROM, based on the LineageOS custom ROM, which is based on the Android Open Source Project. As far as I can see no custom ROMs exist for this device - no AOSP, no LIneageOS, no custom ROMs ar all. Without a LineageOS ROM to build on, and /e/OS build cannot happen, no matter how much money is thrown at the idea. Sorry!

It may be possible to get an /e/OS Generic System Image (GSI) to run on this device, but I know very little about GSIs. You can start by reading this page, then maybe searching the forums for more information. Good luck!

1 Like

+1 from me as well, as well as for whatever phone comes next in the series. X20 would be a second choice.

Maybe there is some way we could request upstream at Lineage OS as well, or join forces with their XR20 requesters?

If anyone tries the GSI, please leave a link here to a detailed description/review of how it worked and didn’t work.

OK guyz, just found some useful (re)sources on GH: