Request to stop shipping outdated apps

Hello,

I’ve looked at the thread asking for apps several times now, and I’ve already asked how the /e/ team would ensure timely updates of the apps they are shipping when that thread had just been created.

One of my apps, Quasseldroid/com.iskrembilen.quasseldroid is being shipped in your store, but is severely outdated. It’s missing many bugfixes and new features, and as I’ve gotten no response from @GaelDuval about how the /e/ team intends to ensure timely updates, and there hasn’t been any communication with app devs regarding how we could notify the /e/ team of app updates and ensure that they would ship, I am very disappointed.

Due to this, I have to request that you stop shipping this app, and stop including it in your list of provided apps, unless you can ensure timely updates. I usually release bugfixes daily, they’re released and published within of the hour on my F-Droid repo, website and Google Play, and even on the official F-Droid repo builds are available within of one day.

The version you are shipping is 27 versions and several hundred bugfixes out of date, and I am worried that unless you can guarantee timely updates in the future, this will leave a bad impression with users.

I know the store isn’t really launched yet, but considering we’ve gotten no communication about this whatsoever, and you’ve ignored all requests, I’m worried.

Unless you can guarantee somewhat timely updates (<48 delay after publishing a new version), and can present a solution for how we app developers can ensure this, I’ll have to ask you to remove my apps and to instead point users at the F-Droid version.

I’d love to work together with you on this, but I don’t want users to end up with significantly outdated versions that make a bad impression or maybe even contain security issues.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your message.
At the moment, we do not ship any version actually, because this service has not been unveiled yet, and a lot of work still needs to be done.
We will have a look at this case once we can dedicate some time to spend on this, and before any official release.
Regards,
Gaël

4 Likes