Restoring after hard format system

Greetings,
I did something stupid. I was working amazingly with my eos 1.3 on an LG G2. Then I just wanted to wipe the data, resetted the device in reboot mode and did a system format.
Since then starting the device it starts the Firmware Update.

Is there some way from there to recover the installation steps?
Many thans

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Yes, boot the device in recovery mode, and navigate into the menu to install the previously downloaded “e-os.zip” (it is stored under /data/lineageos_updates)

(if you have to re-download, be carrefull, existing 4 diffetents models called “G2”)

Many thanks Piero. Unfortunately it looks like Im even not able to enter the recovery mode. 1. I try to turn off the mobile phone, it just start again and goes into “Firmware Update”.
2. from adb I see no devices,
3. This morning I was not even able to see the device from Windows. Now it is at least recognized as COM3 and Im trying to play a bit with Send_Command.
Perhaps as you told me the recovery is there Im just not able to start recovery mode. I will check if through SendCommand I can start recovery mode.
Do you have some ideas? thank you

What is exactly your device model : d800, d801, d802, d803 ?

The exact device model is d802

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/d802/install

Thank you. That is the instruction I followed initially to setup /e/ on the device. And I already followed the whole guide successfully.
Then it happened what in this forum

A better featured recovery manager was TWRP, only old version is available for your device

I did the format by recovery-e, just using the menu created by e.
I didn’t use a fastboot command.

I’m not expert with TWRP, you have done already a lot I could search by myself, but in case you know some link on guids on how to install the TWRP that would help me.

my current situation is: I see the COM3, I don’t see adb devices. So I’m only trying with Send_Command tool

Sorry, i don’t know “send_Command tool”

But you said you format some partitions,
That’s why my first advise was using the existing custom recovery (recovery-e) to reflash e-1.3-xxxxxxxx-dev-d802.zip https://images.ecloud.global/dev/d802/
(step (7) in the /e/ official installation documentation)

1. In /e/OS Recovery main screen:
  2. Select Apply Update and in next screen Apply update from adb
  3. In the next screen, the device is now in sideload mode

Note at this point the Cancel option is highlighted that does not mean you have canceled the action. The device is in adb sideload mode.

1. On your PC type begin adb sideload. Type the below command in a consoleadb sideload downloaded_file_name.zip

Replace downloaded_file_name.zip with the name of the /e/OS file you downloaded in the previous section

1. Press enter key on the keyboard to start the sideloading The screen will show the progress percentage…This might pause at 47%
  2. Give it some time
  3. The PC console will now display Total xfer: 1.00x
  4. The phone screen will now display some text with a message similar to

Script succeeded result was [1.000000]
This means that the install was successful

1. Use the volume key to select the back arrow on the top left of the phone screen
  2. Go back to the main screen and select Reboot system now

The reboot process may take 5 - 10 minutes

Success: Congratulations !! Your phone should now be booting into /e/OS !!

From official TWRP instruction, they says :

https://dl.twrp.me/d802/
Download the latest image file (.img) from the download link above. Place it in the root of your /sdcard folder and rename it to twrp.img. Run the following commands via adb shell or a terminal emulator app:

su

dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

How to use TWRP :

1 Like