ROM FOR MOTO G5S Plus

MOTo G5S Plus

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I requested that device over a year ago. 'Twould be nice to have it on my Moto. Alas, Lineage doesn’t support it so not sure of the chances of /e/ on it.
There are or have been unofficial LOS builds up to Pie so maybe never say never.

The j5nlte (Galaxy J5 2015) isn’t supported by LineageOS (and never was) but is supported by /e/. And there are LOS 16.0 and 17.1 builds too. So still a chance for your device :wink:

1 Like

Lineage Os supports the Motorola G5S Plus. I use it.

I checked the LineageOS downloads, the device is not listed. Are you using unofficial builds?
For my Moto G5 Plus, also not supported, there’s a dev who puts out regular builds. Pretty cool and he covers Nougat, Oreo, and Pie.

Since I use MultiROM on the G5S Plus I wouldn’t be able to use LOS anyway, Oreo or Pie. Before Oreo reached end-of-life a new “feature” was introduced, early system mount. MultiROM development for the device had ceased by that point so never updated to handle that. ROMs will crash the device on first boot. The ROMs I run are from mid 2018 mostly.

If there is a working unofficial LOS Pie for your device, an unofficial /e/ Pie will come for your device in less than 3 months.

1 Like