Hi, there is a guide for rooting our Gs290 ? I read an old post but i don’t understand if is possible or not.
Succesfully rooted GS290 with Magisk v23
After having read trough the topic carefully I understand some have a boot-loop-problem caused by rooting the device.
As also mentioned in github Magisk/issues/3727
Therefor never use a Magisk version lower then v23
Also I warn you never to download Magisk from an untrusted source, but go directly to the developers site at github topjohnwu Magisk releases
- Install Magisk-v23.0.apk on your phone.
- copy the /e/ boot.img for your GS290 to the phone.
- Path the boot.img using the Magisk app on your phone.
- It will be saved in a location ~Download/magisk_patched-23000_2C8mB.img
- Copy the patched boot-image to your computer.
adb reboot bootloader
to restart your phone.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_2C8mB.img
- reboot to system, you’re done
Thank you so much. It works perfectly. Last question: after an /e/ update, i need to follow the guide again ?
Yes … is shortest for a post … so yes
Thank you so much everyone.