S10 install on Android 12 with TWRP

Dear all,

I could not find my answer by searching so I decided to post…

I am running the Ambasadii ROM on Android 12 with TWRP installed.

It’s been a long time since I installed a ROM…
so I am hoping I can just wipe and install /e with my current TWRP recovery since I am used to it.

During my search I came across this thread and was wondering if I need to do the same? Installing /e/OS on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ with latest Android 12 revision - #4 by Geron

If this is not the case, please let me know what steps I must take to get this installed, thanks!!

Hi @skrap !
Welcome to this forum…

Be very carefull with the notion of latest, it depends on when it is writen and when it is read.

In our case “latest lineageos build” can get into conflict because of date : (anti-rollback features)

@piero Thanks for the link! I was able to get it installed with no errors, however, I have a new issue and I think I have figured it out, but I need confirmation. Everything seems to work except calls. I am unable to make calls because AT&T requires VoLTE. This ROM does not seem to support VoLTE. Is that correct? If so, I will not be able to use this ROM, which is unfortunate because it seems to be very well made.

VoLTE/VoWIFI - not working for most Samsung devices with CustomROMs based on Android 12 and 13, but there is hope, because … see screenshot

Sreenshot - LineageParts: Bring back VoLTE

1 Like

Well that’s good news!.. it appears though it’s at least planned? Or in the works?

On a completely different note, I’ve been trying to root this ROM because I run many apps that require root but I have not found a solution in my hours of searching. I read this could be done using Heimdall, but I have had no success so far. Every attempt has lead me to a bootloop where I have to wipe and reinstall the ROM… i think this makes the 7th time.

Perhaps I’m just looking in the wrong place?

“Magisk” is the way to get root.

When I use Magisk, within the app, I click Install, it patches and saves the file, but then if I reboot, I get stuck in a boot loop. I tried to patch the full ROM and boot.img by itself with the same result.

I tried following this guide since I have a Samsung, but Heimdall is not playing nicely. According to the instructions, it is possible to use Odin, but I cannot find instructions on how to do so. boot.img is not a TAR file, so Odin can’t see it.

Try to make a tarball with your boot.img
Almost all compression utilities can create tar files.

or flash the patched boot.img using TWRP as recommanded