S8 G950FD does not connect to the mobile network

I installed lineage-17.1-20200508-UNOFFICIAL-dreamlte.zip and put in the Verizon SIM. It looks the same. Guess that’s where the problem lies.

What happens when you tap on Verizon Wireless - Connected?

Tip: take a screenshot³ instead of a photo.

³Screenshot = press VOL(-) and POWER buttons simultaneously

So far you have tried LOS based custom ROMs. As a counter-test you could still try → AOSIP 9-pie custom ROM based purely on the G°°gle AOSP source code. Please make sure you do a clean install!

No response when I press Verizon Wireless on the choose network screen. The APN is all greyed out as shown and no add functionality.

This screenshot is from → AOSIP 9-pie custom rom OR → LOS 17.1?

For your information:

The screenshot is from LOS. I cannot edit or add APN on LOS or /e/.

Okay, to narrow down the problem, make …

Did a clean install of AOSIP with Verizon SIM installed. For “automatically select network” I was presented with 2 choices; ATT and T-Mobile (forbidden).

My next test will be to use a GSMA SIM which should be here in a few days. archje, which mobile technology is your SIM?

I got the GSMA SIM card and it works with the stock android flash. I then flashed e-0.9-p-2020061058046-dev-dreamlte.zip and got the “add a new APN plus sign”. I added the info and voila! Phone calls.

Bravo @dhandler, welcome to the /e/ club.

Here, my chip works with my Pixel 1 (e-pie) but had these issues with resolving DNS from some sites (community.e.foundation , for exemple) in S8 (e-pie), as some topics here mentioned.

The “plus” button in the apn page was working and the 3 dots with the option “redefine to default” was working too.

Checking the APN values with my operator, the only thing that I had to change was “APN Protocol”. If I leave the “default” option IPv4/IPv6, it fail to resolve some domains. If I change it to IPv4 (only), it works for all.

So, the solution to manualy reset my APN settings worked here too. But the issue appear to be only with IPv6 protocol.