Samsung Gal S8 Contacts app not filling up

Hey,
On my Samsung Galaxy S8 I installed DAVx5 to sync my contacts etc. That … all went fine!

But … my contacts app does NOT seem to fill up with contacts; it only shows me the ‘ever turning circle’ as if it tries to find my contacts… In the accounts section (DAVx5) all the necessery info seems ok; no error messages there of any kind…

It’s the /e/ Contacts app not seeming to cope to show / sync me the contacts …
Any clue?
(Europe Belgium here…)
Samsung 8 SM G950F

Test I do / did;
(Sounds weird); Changed theme from Dark to Automatic; restart phone.
Contacts app DOES show my contacts.
I close and swipe away the Contacts app…
I close the app, do some (phone) surfing (not changing settings!)
I tap my Contacts app; again the ever turning circle, not being able to find my contacts… (no error message…)
Whatever option I activate in the ‘contacts app settings page’; nothing changes; …ever turning circle…
This problem -for me- has been around since quite a few builds now…
I always update to latest build when available, hoping to have my contacts.app working (original from /e/) but … to no avail…
Simple reboot without changing theme option, does NOT get contacts.app to fill up; every turning circle…
Changed theme / style option again, then restart Gal S8.
Once restarted; contacts.app shows all my contacts.
Closed the app; let it sit for a few secs…
Activate the contacts.app; …again ever turning cirle; no contacts showing no more…
It’s the weirdest thing I ever had on a phone (latest /e/build: 20211027. 132655

[I’ve got same DAVx5 setup on my other phone; OnePlus 3T with Lineage OS (Android 11) latest weekly build 29 nov. 2021; working flawlessly; contacts app with contacts, Calendar with appointments!]

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.