Samsung Galaxy A34 5g

Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy A34 5g since a few days. now I read their privacy regulations and am quite shocked by that.
The device is new and I don’t dare to root it.

But who wants to help me to make this very good smartphone a bit more privacy friendly.
thanks in advance.
grt jbv

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi ! Loooong time Desktop Linux user (since around 1997) and owner of a Samsung Galaxy A34, I would love to see support for it too.

When using my phone I made compromises on privacy I had not accepted for decades !

My dream would be Plasma Mobile support as a big KDE fan – Plasma 6 just released btw !

Well, according to XDA community seems a bit early for custom ROMs for this device…

…anyway, even if no device tree, kernel and blobs are available:
https://github.com/search?q=Samsung+Galaxy+A34&type=repositories&s=updated

Adding more data of my own device in case it helps anyone that might be working on it:

hardware
Product name
Galaxy A34 5G
Model name
SM-A346E/DSN

Software information
One UI version 6.1
Android version 14
Google Play system update 1 May 2024

Baseband version A346EXXS7CXE1

Kernel version
4.19.191-28577532abA346EXXS7CXE2 #1 Fri May 17 16:01:44 +07 2024

Build number
UP1A.231005.007.A346EXXS7CXE2

SE for Android status
Enforcing SEPF SM-A346E 12 0001 Fri May 17 16:22:08 2024

No one will notice this here. /e/OS is based on Lineage OS and therefore they would need to implement it. If they (Lineage) implement it, is based on factors I don’t know (usually it is a maintainer and if needed files are available). They don’t take any request for devices

First of all:
Rooting a device is not the same as making the device more privacy-friendly.
By the way: Rooting is not required to use /e/OS.

/e/OS is currently not an option for your Galaxy A34 5G SM-A346E because /e/OS does not support the SM-A346E (nor does the source code author LineageOS Android distribution) with a CustomROM.

Your Samsung Android 14 Firmware A346EXXS7CXE2 Bit/SW REV. 7 is not downgradable to Android 13 (because Samsung has implemented a rollback lock in the firmware) to be able to use the future /e/OS-T GSI

Currently, the only way to free your Galaxy A34 5G from the Xiaomi and Google ghosts is to install an Android 14 Open Source Project (AOSP 14) Generic System Image (GSI), but this cannot be done without know-how.

The very first step,
however, is to unlock the bootloader. This Xiaomi procedure requires at least 168 hours (7 days) waiting time from the application for unlocking.

Yes, this path is rocky, but it is worth it to counter the data theft by Xiaomi, Google and the tracker apps.