Samsung - Galaxy S4 Mini (International LTE) - serranoltexx - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the Samsung - Galaxy S4 Mini (International LTE) - serranoltexx here …

Hi @Manoj

For all devices :

in Requirements
3. Enable USB debugging on your device.

may link to detailed steps for making visible the developers options

For Samsung devices

Many time it’s written :

Boot into download mode:
With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Home + Power.

Boot into recovery mode:
With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Home + Power.

But nowhere mention how to power off the device when you are stuck in the download mode :

To power off the device, hold Volume Down + Power.

Hello!
As new user of e-os i’m glad to help out.
My suggestion is to insert a step to the doc:

Installing a custom recovery

• Unplug the USB cable from your device.
  • Manually reboot into recovery:

Insert there “to unplug the battery when the device first vibrate”. This was a showstopper for me to install twrp. It did not work until i remove the battery and then reinsert it and boot to recovery. This was suggested by ripee a guy who maintains twrp for the i9195 device.

Greetings Michael

1 Like

Hi all, found this cute Mini4 that I might have my daughter use eventually… but first of course replace the OS! I did the same a couple of days ago with the S7 - no problems following install. However, now I get stuck using Heimdall:

Initialising connection…
Detecting device…
libusb: error [init_device] device ‘\.\USB#VID_1532&PID_026F&MI_01#6&2F9CFCD8&0&0001’ is no longer connected!
libusb: error [init_device] device ‘\.\USB#VID_1532&PID_026F&MI_02#6&2F9CFCD8&0&0002’ is no longer connected!
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

Any ideas how this could be corrected? It is not the order of USB plug/unplug - I did several attempts. Windows seems to recognise the USB - as I hear the “pling” sound…

Windows and Heimdall together may not be the best approach (loosely speaking the Linux Heimdall product has been adjusted to work with most Windows) Windows has the product Odin.

I would check out this approach

… or use a Linux PC

ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

is itself a Linux error which “should not happen” (but might !) in up to date Linux, but I could not point to a fix in Windows.

Found the answer here: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/98338/heimdall-error-libusb-error-12

Using a Linux PC … that’s the easy way out :wink:

And good to remark that the first start up takes some time - otherwise: works like a charm!

When official builds was abandonned with a android 7 Nougat based version, exist an unofficial build from the community based on android 11 Red velvet cake (i use it since 2 years awaiting an update) : install is possible using the recovery-manager.

Workaround for the major issue :

Here is an excellent basis for building for Build /e/OS ‘R’:

[ROM][11.0][LineageOS 18.1] Stable [microG-signed] for S4 Mini GT-I9195(serranoltexx) by ROM Manufacturer Exodusnick with monthly official update; latest build form 2023/06/14
XDA Source codes Kernel, code partner_gms / microG, Rome construction & system.

1 Like