Samsung - Galaxy S5 Neo - s5neolte - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

Hi @Manoj,

I’ve failed to install /e/ on a Samsung S5 Neo (G903F) following the actual documentation

The solution from the Lineage documentation, with Heimdall, was successfull.

I’m using Debian 10 with regular settings.

Here is a drafty Howto, I can provide details, just ask.

Get the files

Download TWRP and /e/ following the documentation, load the files on a SD card and plug it into your phone

Install the packages

apt install adb fastboot heimdall-flash

(You may just need Heimdall)

Let’s go!

Reboot and press Volume Down + Home + Power

Confirm with Volume Up

On the computer:

heimdall print-pit --verbose

Again, reboot and press Volume Down + Home + Power. Confirm

On the computer:

heimdall flash --RECOVERY /home/you/smartphone/s5neo/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-s5neolte.img --no-reboot

Wait and remove the battery to shutdown

Immediatly restart in Recovery Mode with Volume Up + Home + Power (Note that this time Volume Up is used)

Swipe to confirm

The next steps are pretty well described in Lineage install procedure (see first link above)

Cheers, Alice

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I am waiting for some changes to the templates on the documentation site to be complete before pushing these device specific modifications. Expect the changes should be complete in 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

First i read the lineage page and think “humm nothing particular”, then i look onto the /e/ page ! ! !
unlock bootloader, install brand-specific flash-tool heimdall (or odin), and flashing twrp instructions are simply missing on the /e/ page
LOS simply have createded a new string label ! because they now promote Odin.

The Heimdall install instruction should be available now.

2 Likes

Successful installation today, thanks!

A few notes on the new documentation:

• In the section "Installing a custom recovery", heimdall is used with --no-reboot. I had to remove the battery to shutdown the phone, but there’s maybe another solution
  • In “Installing /e/ from recovery”, the step 2 could be rephrase/reformated to clarify that the last line is an alternative to the first way to reboot in “recovery mode”
  • “On the host machine” reformulate in “On the computer”?

A last thing: I think there are too much admonitions / colored sections. It makes the whole page a bit hard to scan.

The only problem I face now is this bug, “There is an internal problem with your device. Please contact your manufacturer” at each boot. But this warning can be safely ignored.

Thanks again for your great work, cheers!

Update after a new installation:

Using TWRP 3.6.2 and 3.7.2 leads to the following error when rebooting after running heimdall flash --RECOVERY: ERROR: invalid kernel length

Solution: use TWRP 3.5.2 from the official websote:https://dl.twrp.me/s5neolte/

Note: I’m using heimdall v1.4.2 from Debian’s official repo, to install e.OS 1-11 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903F

Apart from that, everything is fine, e.Os is great!

Minor issue: there is still this error message every time I start the phone: “Android system There’s an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details”
Note that this error can be apparently safely ignored

Cheers