Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 - which models are supported?

I would like to install /e/ on a second-hand Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. Can you please confirm which exact sub-models are supported?

The doc.e.foundation page says only SM-T713 is supported; is that true? If so, what region and model year is that sub-model for? It isn’t even listed on the GSMArena page.

There’s a list floating around what the model codes mean exactly. I think the supported models are the WiFi only ones.

Generally it’s a good idea to buy the exact model that’s supported.
Other models could lack the possibility to unlock the bootloader or missing features after flashing. It’s also very possible to brick the device and render it unusable.

I’ve had two Galaxy Tab S2 and both were retired due to a broken charging port, which is hard to replace. That’s a typical problem of this model. The battery is also really hard to replace, so factor that in.

I went for a Tab S6 Lite now.

1 Like

That will be true for that ROM;

Other models are not supported

literally! It is this device https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/ab973c1e

You will find much more information from a search. :slight_smile:

https://community.e.foundation/search?expanded=true&q=SM-T713%20order%3Alatest

710 and 715 seems to be not yet supported by LineageOS

what is your own model ?

[LIST] /e/OS Supported Tablets

You could install the 713 build into the 719 model two, but without GSM/LTE services, only WIFI !
As a user have recently did successfully using the 813 build into a 819 model…

I don’t have one, I’m just checking out /e/ compatibility list to see which device I should buy.

I did the same with my phone; turned out to be a solid strategy.

I have the 719 and would like to install the e for the wifi version. Might that brick the device? Will it even let me do that? I read that I have to add the device ID to the e file, but what is the device ID?

In case you don’t have the device in your hands, here is a list of all ever existing gogol android supported devices

1 Like