Samsung Galaxy Tab2 espressowifi (two models 7 & 10)

thanks to the “beer flu” too

1 Like

Hi Andi,

I’ve brought the issue to the attention of the developer; although tablets are not a priority for us, we appreciate the effort you’re putting and it happens to overlap a similar problem we’re facing on another device we do support, Nexus 4 (mako).

Wild guess: it has to do with the blur implementation.

You guessed right! Storage permission is requested in order to fetch the current wallpaper and apply the blur effect to it. No permission, no blur, no glitch. We are trying to make this process more robust so that if something fails, blur is disabled and the safe approach (black translucent overlay) is used instead.

Could you tell us, for this particular tablet and ROM you’re building, if OpenGL is working properly, and which version is available (2.0 or 3.0)?

Thanks again,
Arnau

2 Likes

Thanks @arnauvp. 2.0 is used on my personal builds (for Galaxy Tab2 family and Samsung Galaxy Nexus) and works fine afaik (official LineageOS Source uses 1.1, 2.0 available but buggy) , but to be 100% sure I would need to test again.

Edit:
Since it also happens on my Galaxy Nexus (maguro) it’s not a tablet-only-thing.

Can you please try this version of the BlissLauncher?

It has the blur effect disabled but still requires storage permission (mostly for the other problem we’re debugging). Let us know if it works without glitches.

1 Like

@arnauvp sure, and thanks a lot! only not sure if I find enough time soon.

Quickly tested and works fine. Thanks!

5 Likes

Problem recognized, problem solved. Bravo! @Android-Andi.
By the way, this is the first and only /e/ OS version e-0.9-n(ougat) with security patch level April 5, 2020

Good job @Android-Andi !!! So nice to see /e/ on quite old stuff !
Is there a way to test it too?
Thank you.

Old device, ok,
but very robust screen, with minimum hardware specifications required for
LineageOS 14.1 based system :
cpu=2x1ghz, cpuoc=2x1.35ghz ,
gpu=200mhz, gpuoc=384mhz
ram=1gb
mem=8go + sd=64go or more
bat=4000ma

Good deal :+1: thanks @Android-Andi

So this finally became a thing lol. I wonder if this supports Andi’s overclocked kernel.

Btw where are the links to download. And don’t push Andi, his services for a 8 years old tablet is more than enough

Hey Andi, do you think Android One is possible for our devices? Or it’s just too slow?

@dogukans Android one is something completely different.
I don’t think Google likes to push updates :wink:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_One

But yeah, I know it could boot Oreo.

There’s no public version of /e/ available for tab2 currently.
BlissLauncher for example looks odd on p51xx… As they are landscape devices and the workspace does not match and looks really odd. Maybe @arnauvp could also have a look at this:

It needs a landscape layout.

If my AnyKernel is supported depends on used sources to compile the ROM, official LineageOS sources use a older DDK and won’t work with it (not sure if I’ve ever uploaded an OC kernel for old ddk ROMs, but sources are open for everyone if someone needs).

And please note:
Any kind of OC is really dangerous on Galaxy Tab2. While OMAP 4460 (used on the Galaxy Nexus for example) has a built-in temperature sensor, OMAP 4430 (Galaxy Tab2 uses) doesn’t have one. Nothing stops it from overheating.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone who helped to get the new sandpit for my stepdaughter! :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

Currently I am trying to get a build done on latest source with June security patch level. Sadly Tuna and Espresso3g failed and need to find the root of problem…

I’ll post a build once they compiled :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow !
felicitation, it is not a little plastic shit…
and it is “cats proof”…

Got the build done.

espresso3g

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313856

Removed packages on espresso3g (else system.img is out of space):

• PdfViewer
  • Terminal

espressowifi

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313857

Removed packages on espressowifi (wifi only device)

• ESmsSync

7 Likes

@piero yeah, but the cheapest wooden sandpit. But It’s enough for our use :slight_smile: A Plastic one wouldn’t last long :wink: thanks again!

1 Like

You rock! Thanks Andi. Will install it today, I have to take backup for stuff tho

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ve just installed and worked flawless, fast and no lag. The UI is very beautiful. I’m new here and have one question, how do I get the Google Play Store in this? I searched the app I wanted on the store that came with but there isn’t. Also I tryied to download Chrome on that store but it crashes before beggining to download. Thanks for any help.

This is a goolag free OS. No goolag store or any other spying goolag apps available.
Installing goolag apps on this OS is like putting alcohol in an alcohol free beer.

If you need apps, you can use f-droid for FOSS apps and Aurora from F-droid for spying apps from goolag store

1 Like