Samsung note 3 hlte

Good morning, I have I have flashed the last zip file. The rom does not run cleanly. No notifications, quick settings can not be pulled down. In settings search bar is missing, settings system status bar, buttons, develop3roptions are missing. Same problem also with lineage 18.1 microG. Is this bug already known?

Which /e/OS ROM are you talking about?

Both version of Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 ‘hlte’

Android ‘Q’ dev-keys, dev-release
e-1.3-q-20220825213388-dev-hlte.zip

Android ‘R’ (beta) dev-keys
e-1.3-r-20220824212931-dev-hlte.zip

show none of the above negative features after a clean installation via e-Recovery. Both /e/OS ROMs run very smoothly without any flaws.

I’m talking about e-1.3-r-20220824212931-dev-hlte.zip

May I ask, did you start from the factory ROM?

Caution: Do not install /e/OS on top of a higher version of stock OS. Before installing /e/OS ensure your device has the latest stock OS of the same version as /e/OS. If only lower versions of the stock are available then install the last available lower version before installing /e/OS.

Hi @aibd, the ‘hlte’ started with stock Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) and received upgrade up to Android version 5.0 (Lollipop).

This Caution¹ passage, taken over by paste & copy, can be found in all installation instructions - regardless of whether it is relevant to practice or not.

Users may be “lucky” in flashing an /e/ image over say a custom ROM, but it might lead to issues similar to the OP. The pasted warning contains more than one idea.

A potential /e/ user would be wise to check that the device does have the latest manufacturer’s update and not some intermediate level.

I also believe in “eliminate the simplest things first” in troubleshooting.

1 Like