Samsung S6 Lite: problem with installation

Thank you very much for your answers…

1. the tablet I bought was not new, but used, so I guess the 7 days period was not necessary.

2. the model I bought is, according to the information given by the seller: SM-P610NZAADBT

3. the models on the Know your hardware - Samsung websites start with SMP610X… and not like mine which is SMP610N (German edition)… and I don’t understand this difference.

Again thank you very much for any help

1 Like

germany version is enlighted by DBT at the end

1 Like

I do not think SM-P610NZAADBT vs PDA P610XXS2FWB1 or CSC P610OXM2FWA6 points to any sort of conflict.

Among apparently genuine German sellers, I seem to see

Manufacturer no.:SM-P610NZAADBT

When I look on Sammoble in a “Germany” search for SM-P610, I find

… where DBT represents Germany … I can find these details

Security Patch Level 2023-02-01
OS Version Android 13
PDA P610XXS2FWB1
CSC P610OXM2FWA6

If you have the device IMEI, you might be able to double check wth

Edit, a bit of an oversight of mine to point to Android 13, when you need 12 ! :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately I can no longer work with the tablet today, because I am not at home at the moment.

I hope to be able to continue as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for the immeasurable help.

1 Like

latest android 12 based Samsung Firmware seems to be :
Download Galaxy Tab S6 Lite SM-P610 (DBT) P610XXS2EVJ2 in Samfw - Samsung firmware download

2 Likes

Apparently you can’t install this firmware using Heimdall (on linux).

So I will probably have to use the ODIN-fw-installer on windows.

(Unfortunately I was the last weeks inactive, because I was sick).

For anyone else who is looking into this lately, the May 2023 stock Android 13 update (build date 2023-04-28) seems to have bumped the firmware “security patch level” to 3 on the Wi-Fi tablet (SM-P610, gta4xlwifi) and 5 on the LTE tablet (SM-P615, gta4xl). Once you have this version I believe it’s not possible to downgrade the firmware to Android 12 for /e/OS. :cry: [1]

(German SM-P610 as discussed above, I have Australian SM-P615. Expect most variants will be the same.)

[1] Although it’s quite possibily for a good reason, to prevent rollback enabling a firmware vulnerability.

In theory, installing the offered combination firmware should be abble to reset the anti-rool-back-bit. But for today latest is 4.

/e/ should release a T based build Untill the end of the summer, …

1 Like

Until they do, there are already lineageos4microg Android 13 / T builds available

If you install one of these, you should be able to flash the /e/OS T build when it arrives, without having to reflash the stock Samsung ROM

2 Likes

Thanks pete. Ironically, I installed lineageos4microg first, which is why I’d already upgraded to the latest Android 13 stock and bumped the SW REV version. :slight_smile: . Happy to wait for the Android T /e/ OS release.

Until now this tablet is not on the list for getting Android T…

Hi, is there a chance that P613 models will be supported in the future? I just ordered a P610, but got delivered a P613. I guess I better send it back.
Is there a possibility to buy a SM-P610 (gta4xlwifi) with /e/OS on it?

The SM-P613 seems an updated SM-P610 but most significantly it has a different device codename, that is it will not accept the gta4xlwifi ROM.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, gta4xlvewifi, SM-P613
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, gta4xlwifi, SM-P610

Will it come in the future … idk, but if send it back is an option that would give a more timely result :slight_smile: .

Thanks a lot for the fast response :blush:
I will send the SM-P613 back

1 Like

I got a SM-P610 today. Installation went well until trying to reboot into recovery :wink:
Finally successful. Thanks for the great installation instructions and the hint with changing the date for “OEM unlock”.

It is now December and I don’t see an Android 13 (T) version on the list for this device (SM-P610).
If you get hold of one of these these days and let it update OTA, it will end up on Android 13 with no way to go back because of the “security patch level” as mentioned earlier - so can we expect an update to T soon?

You are right about official build :
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/gta4xlwifi/

But some unofficial build exist :
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=331563&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Wow - thank you for the super-quick reply Piero!

I downloaded that unofficial build and extracted the recovery.img file from it (was that the right thing to do?). Sadly, the “heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot” did not appear to work though, giving a message in red on the tablet screen saying “Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(RECOVERY)”, and the host said “RECOVERY upload successful” but then “ERROR: Failed to receive session end confirmation!”.

So maybe Samsung have added some extra checking or I need a different signature of some sort or something? Any suggestions? I’m on a relatively recent Samsung build (P610XXS4FWK1) - might it be worth my while going back to an earlier Samsung Android 13 build first?

Thanks for your help, Bill.

You need to also flash VBmeta.img along to recovery.img

sudo heimdall flash --VBMETA /path/to/vbmeta.img --RECOVERY /path/to/recovery.img

You are right, it should not be possible over P610XXS4FWK1 (where k for november),
Best is to downgrade to P610XXU4FWJ1

This /e/OS v1.17 includes the Android security patches available until October.

Thanks again piero!

As it happens, I eventually realised that the reason I got the message in red saying “Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed(RECOVERY)” or “…(VBMETA)” was that I had dropped into KG/RMM State “Prenormal” - a state which apparently is cleared only by the RLC service on the device making an inquiry to a Samsung server to make sure it is “clean”, and which it can make you wait 7 days to do so. In my case the problem was simply that I had not connected over wi-fi since unlocking the bootloader - as soon as I did so the KG state went to Normal and I could flash the /e/ bootloader successfully. The Know your hardware - Samsung page mentioned in this thread really helped (as did the xda-developers pages linked from there and from in this thread).

The video link you gave *Watch on YouTube Watch on Odysee was also really helpful (especially with how to do the button presses & co-ordinated USB plug-in).

Thanks again for amazing support!
Bill.

1 Like