Samsung s9 problem moving from lineage OS to /e/ OS

Hi,
I recently installed lineage OS on samsung s9 starlte and it worked without any problem. Now I would like to upgrade to /e/ OS after the release of v2.0.
However, I may have broken my device as I manually deleted the system partition into recovery. Now I can only reboot in download mode, but heimdall 1.4.2 is unable to find my device (I have already tried different cables and USB ports and they are the same ones I used to install lineage OS).
I always get the error:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device.

So I am unable to flash a new recovery and system. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

When you look on the Odin mode screen, without the PC connected, do you see any unusual lock or something else showing?

If you have access to a Windows PC you could see if Odin sees the phone.

it could be a security patch level conflict because :

This /e/OS v2.0 version includes the Android security patches available until April 2024.

if formating /data don’t help, you have two options :

• wait for a more recent build that you can install from recovery
  • starting from scratch by reinstalling Samsung firmware as a base

Thank you for your reply.
After some trials, I managed to flash /e/OS v2.1 again :slight_smile:
Now I have some final questions. I plan to use the device for “critical” scenarios like banking, e-commerce, important stuff, etc.
Do you recommend I use the stable version (android 12) or the community version (android 13)? Is it true that rooting increases the attack surface? And do you recommend not doing it?
Thanks