Screen goes black during calls

Hello there,

I am currently using eOS on a Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 9, SM-G950F, official /e/OS dreamlte stable)

My problem occurs during calling. The screen goes black and does not wake, no matter what I did (so far). This is no problem until you have to enter numbers while calling.

What I have tried so far:

• checking the proximity sensor: seems to work as the adaptive brightness setting changes the brightness when I cover the sensor)

• activating the “Wake device” setting on the Search (former Bixby :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Button and on the Volume buttons. The screen remains black

• using a third party dialer (Open source: SimpleMobileTools/Simple-Dialer)

• searching and not finding the “screen timeout” setting according to this post

• searching and not finding the “Turn on proximity sensor” setting according to this post

• using an external keyboard

If anyone has an idea or knows some setting I overlooked, feel free to post an answer down below. Thank you for your help!

Ok I fixed it on the third party dialer using the “Disable proximity sensor” setting there.

Of course this fixes it for me, but it would be good to know if I am the only one experiencing these problems.

1 Like

@sebi

same problem here with my S9+ (SM-G965F)
and e_star2lte-user 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20230509.181232 dev-keys,stable-release

solved with the third party dialer you gave above and disabling the proximity sensor in the setting.
Thank you!