What is the benefit of running an ecloud server over a nextcloud server? I’m no programmer, but know just enough to setup a selfhosted nextcloud on an old laptop and am curious if it’s an upgrade to use ecloud.
In short, Selfhosted Murena cloud enhances Nextcloud with:
- a email server with spam protection
- some Murena-customized Nextcloud settings, apps, and themes
- a self-service account creation portal for newcomers
One can see it as a simplified, but fully functional, clone of https://murena.io.
Please be aware that it’s designed as a “all in a box” solution, and requires:
- a DNS domain
- a dedicated non-residential public IP address to work (mainly for the email).
- for best results, a dedicated server, for example a cloud VPS
Of course all is Open-Source and can be modified to fit your needs, but this may require some sysop knowledge
Please find here the whole git project with install readme: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/infra/ecloud-selfhosting.