Service Announcement : 26 May

Hi everyone,

There will be a ~1 hour maintenance on the ecloud infrastructure tomorrow morning, from 4 to 5 UTC. ecloud.global, e.email service and account creation will be unavailable during this time window.
Thanks for your understanding.

RealTime Status Check
You can check the status of the servers here

Update 26 May
The maintenance is going well, but we have calculated there is still around 75-90’ to go for ecloud.global, until 7:15 UTC. Apologies for the inconvenience. Mail service will be restored as soon as possible, hopefully within the hour.

Update 27 May: While the migration was successful after we corrected some problems, we are facing a big performance regression when reopening traffic. We keep trying to tune our systems, but are also preparing a rollback plan to restore the service with the previous configuration in case it wasn’t possible to fix the current state.
Update
We are working on restoring the service quality as soon as possible. Account creation remains disabled.

Update 28 May Service fully restored, migration completed! Account creation remains disabled

Update 29 May Team is moving services to the new murena site. Services will be disrupted for a couple of hours while the team works on restoring it.

(Inputs for the updates are from the Infra Team)

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused and are working around the clock to restore access to your data in the cloud.

Everything alright? eCloud Maintenance takes alot longer than originally sheduled.

Team is still working on restoring all systems. Will check and update on the progress.

1 Like

Well, if Deutsche Telekom is the benchmark, you still have a week to go: they took a whole week longer than planned when they renewed Magentacloud in December 2021. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

The ecloud Web UI seems to be working now, but file and notes sync is still unavailable in both desktop and phone clients

Well, thanks for updating us, no bad blood from my side.

Luckily this happened before v. 1.0 as a test of all backup systems; untested backups are as good as no backups :wink:

But you might plan in some backend redundancy, multiple hours downtime are not acceptable if I would have been dependend on eCloud, and now we are at a day of degraded performance.

Everything seems to be working now

No unfortunately not, all Caldav requests via the apps of the devices (iOS, IpadOS, MacOS, Fedora36, Android12) cannot currently be connected.

Update: CalDav is working again…

This maintenance just leaked my data, I have found other /e/ users data on my phone and have unlinked it, what the hell are you doing with the servers !?

Hey! This is concerning, how did you find it? I have sensitive data on this cloud, what did you manage to see?

Mostly photos (screenshots from other devices judging from the resolution of the images), they include phone numbers and other personal data, the photos started getting downloaded and when i saw it i unlinked the account from my phone to prevent further leaks, and i am guessing my data also leaked to other people.

Ok thanks for the answer! Hopefully, I didn’t have the same problem, no download on my side. I see that https://images.ecloud.global/ is up. The problems may come from it? And maybe not on all servers. Where do you live (approximately)?

European Union member state

All servers are told to be in Europe, I don’t know if we can access their location more precisely… Anyway, thanks for your answers, I hope they will find out what happened… I may suggest you to contact them on tweeter? maybe? I don’t think they will appreciate the advertisement, but I guess they are transparent about this kind of problems (at least I hope).

Contact who on twitter? I have posted this issue on the forum here, but i am not sure who else to contact.

The issue is already with the infra team, and they are looking into it. Will share any update from their side.
If required, you can send a mail on helpdesk@e.email where they can check based on your account ID
The work on the restoration of services is still in progress.

2 Likes

You could try https://twitter.com/e_mydata or https://twitter.com/gael_duval I think … But Manoj just answered, so I guess it’s not necessary…

Hey!

I have the same issue as Shiro. All verry stainge screenshots of people on my telephone. How could this happen?? Is my personal data now all over the internet or whats happening?

1 Like

This is urgent, another users data and photos somehow leaked into my account and have downloaded to my phone, I expect it also happened to the other user, and trying to access the e cloud site it says its down for maintenance, this kind of data leak is unacceptable and i highly doubt it was a hack on my account specifically. If this issue is not fixed or at least addressed i will be leaving /e/. This is not acceptable ! There is nothing private or secure about this OS or the cloud if something like this can happen during maintenance !

Pl can you explain in more detail what data has leaked on to your phone and in which app are you seeing this information