Set up an alternate email

Mission:

To setup an existing or alternate email account with /e/OS’s Mail app.

Prerequisites:

• Email account access with username and password.
  • Email account’s mailservers details including IMAP or POP and SMTP server hostnames respectively. (Note: Your mailserver hostnames may or may not be standard, please check with your provider for exact hostnames and ports)

Let’s roll.

1. Navigate to and open Mail app from the App drawer

1. Tap on the top-right icon to navigate to ‘Add account’ option to open it

1. Enter your email account access details as show in the image below and tap ‘MANUAL SETUP’:

1. Select your incoming mailserver access type, for example IMAP and tap ‘NEXT

1. Enter your Incoming mailserver details as shown in the image below and tap ‘NEXT’:

1. Enter your outgoing mailserver (SMTP) details to tap ‘NEXT

1. Mail app will check settings and ask for Account Names. Kindly input the desired details.

1. You are all set to test and use your alternate email on Mail app.

Thanks for reading!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Thanks for writing, @manish

1 Like

If I may add my 2 cents : after checking it’s working fine, export settings as a backup !
For information the export file is pure XML, so it can easily be read.

1 Like

Hi!
I have done this (so I have two email accounts accessed through the standard /e/ mail app).
One is e.email, the other is hostsharing . net. For the latter, I need to change the password. I will do this on their webmail page, but I assume I will also need to change the password in the Mail app.
Where/How do I access this setting?

Try within the Mail-App while viewing your inbox or an E-Mail this:
Hamburger Button → Settings → Account-Settings → Fetching mail → Incoming server
Hamburger Button → Settings → Account-Settings → Sending mail → Outgoing server

2 Likes

Thank you, Markus! :blush:

1 Like