Setting up /e/ OS for the first time and phone froze on Boot Mode

Hi all,

This is my first time setting up a phone with /e/ OS and also my first Teracube! I’m really excited about both and can’t wait to get my phone ready.

I’ve been following the official installation guide and got pretty far into the process. Sadly, after I ran fastboot flashing unlock, my phone prompted me to select a Boot Mode and froze. Volume keys don´t do anything and the power button appears unresponsive too. Is there anyway I can start the process again or to get it to react to my inputs?

Sorry if I’m not providing enough information, I have a bare minimum knowledge of coding and stuff like that, do let me know if there’s any other information I could provide to help resolve the issue.

Hello there,
The very first thing to check before you begin installation of /e/ on a Teracube2e is which “version” of Teracube2e you have. The first version is what was sold in 2020 and most of 2021, while the second version (nicknamed “emerald”) is being sold since. The installation image and instructions are very different for the two batches. Instructions to check your version are at

and I’ll leave it to you to find the different instructions on the /e/ website.

UB
(p.s.: I don’t know what the Teracube people did, but having these two versions is a total bummer.)

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the information, it led me down a rabbit hole about flashing ROMs to Teracube phones and I’ve learned quite a bit!

Seems like I was following the right steps for my batch (2021) but it still looks like something must’ve gone wrong since the phone froze during the Boot Mode screen. I eventually managed to find a way to force a reboot through a fastboot command line and since then I’ve been able to use the phone with Android 11.

I do get a message saying that my phone isn’t trusted and something called “Orange State.” A quick web search says that this is because my phone is now unlocked and therefore not trusted. I’m still interested on moving my Teracube to /e/ OS but I’m quite scared of doing something wrong and taking a “Red State” which appears to be terrible according to other ROM forums.

I did notice that Teracube has a flashing tool available called SP Flash, is it possible to use this tool to get /e/ OS emerald installed on the phone?