Severe Problem after OTA upgrade to 1.0 (R dev version): Audio clipping and distorted on Samsung A5 (2017) SM-A520F a5y17lte

Hey folks,

I’ve just upgraded to 1.0 (R-version) via OTA.

Edit:
To be more precise, I quote “About the phone → Android version” here…

• /e/ OS Version: 1.0-r-20220526188878-dev-a517lte

After the upgrade finished, every audio event (on touch, media, notifications, ringtones) sound like an old FM Radio with the volume turned to 100% but misstuned between two stations. I can hear distorted fragments of the original sound but they are clipping heavily within the “FM-Noise”.

In order not to damage my speaker or hearing I turned everything to silent now. If I turn the volume up to just 1% it is screaming at me again like I described above.

When I started the upgrade, my podcast client was still playing, as it almost always does, so I forgot to stop it. Maybe this is related to my problem?

Questions:

1. Can I somehow reset my audio-settings to a sane value ? In my impression that should help to get over this My device is not rooted.

2. Can I savely downgrade to the prior version of /e/ OS, and could that help? Right now my phone is practically unusable.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Update: Sound to my bluetooth-speaker is working as expected

1 Like

I think I’ll try to backup and wipe the device, reflash /e/ OS 1.0 and test again.
If that doesn’t work I’ll revert to a prior version and hope for the best :zipper_mouth_face: