"SIM network unlock pin"

Hi there, I’ve succeded in flashing /e/ ROM today and I’ve been able to use my phone after I inserted my SIM card form french operator Free and suddenly, the phone requires a “SIM network unlock Pin” and can’t access it anymore.

It’s an GT-N7105 I’ve been given.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Did you used this SIM lock stuff on your previous phone? I remember this “feature” can be found on some ancient 2G phones.
Try enter your previous phone’s password, or ask your service provider what the heck is this.

Sorry it’s “SIM network unlock Pin”, not SIM card Pin. I’ve searched the web and it says the provider locks the phone when it’s rooted or something like that.

My SIM card Pin works fine. It’s something different, a number Samsung would give me not my provider. Don’t know what to do.

…Code PUK ?..

Maybe the phone is declared as stolen and has been blacklisted from the network. It’s just an idea, could be something else.

Couldn’t be, a friend who had no further use of it gave it to me and it was first hand.

No, Puk is when you’ve been mistaken Pin code 3 times, That is something else. SIM network

Seems I’d have to crack the phone 'cause I rooted it !

I heard about some phone models have a thing called “network lock” which will limit you on choosing your phone’s network provider. Is it that stuff?

No idea but it worked fine for a few hours. : :frowning:

What does it mean when your phone asks for a SIM network unlock PIN?

It means your phone is network locked to the original network carrier. It can not be used with any other sim cards until it gets network unlocked by inserting a 8 or 16 digit unlock code.

1 Like

Plus I’d have to pay for it :crazy_face:

I press dismiss on the screen shown and I got through it !!

So simple.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.

Stay safe at home. .

Ok, you need someone who is under contract with your friend’s carrier. him or someone else if the contract is broken. This person have to ask for the unlock provider code, for that he/she have to communicate the EMEI of the device to the carrier.

1 Like

You’re right I can get to the web but not phone with it anymore ::(:

C’est gratuit chez les opérateurs français, mais il faut chercher
« déblocage réseau » ou quelque chose comme ça sur leur site web dans le moteur de recherche de leur rubrique assistance
Il faut sans doute s’identifier…

1 Like

That means its carrier locked to another network/company other than the FREE. Generally being an older device, carriers tend to network unlock it for no cost. You need to find out from which company its from/locked to, and go to their website or call and request for network unlock code. Then it will be unlocked for good.

Ok so I just got the history of the phone and it’s been networked by a whole bunch of different carriers. Weird though that none of this happened before. So I’ll try to reach the carrier just before me. I wonder how long this will take.

Petite précision,
les téléphones sont généralement bloqués sur les réseaux de Bouygues, SFR, ou Orange, mais ces opérateurs, propriétaires de leur infrastructure « physique », louent aussi leur réseau à des opérateurs dit « commerciaux » filiales des grands groupes ou indépendants. Ce qui pourrait expliquer que le téléphone ai pu être utilisé avec des cartes sim de différentes marques, sans problème puisque utilisant le même réseau.
Cependant c’est le premier opérateur qui a vendu le téléphone, l’un des « trois grand » qui a probablement bloqué le téléphone.
Il n’est pas forcément nécessaire de retrouver le premier client, surtout si le contrat a été rompu, mais une personne actuellement sous contrat avec l’opérateur qui a, le premier, mis le téléphone en service.

J’ai pris en compte votre message et je suis parvenue à contacter Bouygues. Et miracle, ils ont trouvé un code de désimlockage correspondant à l’IMEI et à la référence de mon tél.
Lorsque j’entre ce code un message me confirme que ce code est le bon. Mais malheur, ça ne fonctionne toujours pas. Le smartphone ne reconnaît pas la carte SIM. Vu avec une assistante clientèle de Free qui m’a fait entrer tout un tas de paramètres dans “paramètres réseau mobile : Noms des points d’accès”. Mais le tél refuse de les prendre en compte. Pas d’enregistrement des données APN que l’opératrice m’a dictée. Un technicien va me rappeler. A suivre donc.

1 Like