SLL certificate of mailserver invalid

Good morning,

I just wanted to inform you that the SLL certificate of the mail server has expired yesterday.
My phone+thunderbird app complained about it.

Please renew it as soon as possible. email is a bit important :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks & have a nice day

Scytale

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Iā€™m getting on Thunderbird the message:

Youā€™re about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site.
Legitimate banks, stores, and other public sites will not ask you to do this.
Outdated information
The certificate is not currently valid. It may be stolen or lost, and could be used by someone to impersonate this site

I have selected ā€œPermanently store this exceptionā€, and I can push on ā€œConfirm Security Exceptionā€, but it does nothing, next time you try to get messages, itā€™ll pop up again. ā€œGet Certificateā€ doesnā€™t find neither download anything, it just responds: ā€œNo information available: Unable to obtain status of this siteā€. And ā€œviewā€ shows me that the certificate should be used not before August 30, but not after November 28. Itā€™s not November 28 where I live (gmt-06) but I bet there are other places where itā€™s already November 28.

Have the cert expired, how to get the new ones?

I got the same issue on K9, but K9 at least allowed me to set the exception with no issue, I could reconfigure the fetching and sending servers on K9. Thunderbird is not allowing me to do the same. Itā€™ just plainly not allowing to fetch emails, neither temporally store them while being written, neither send themā€¦

I have no clue other than wonder if itā€™s about the certificates not been renewed on mail.ecloud.global. Again, when I try ā€œGet Certificateā€ nothing gets downloaded.

BTW, I have no intention to delete my account to then try to login again, that takes way too much, and I of course would lose all configs. So other workarounds, if any, are welcome. Is it really a certificate issue on mail.ecloud.global?

I just got the same, sorry I didnā€™t notice your post first. This is my just created post:

https://community.e.foundation/t/are-mail-ecloud-global-recieve-send-messages-certificates-expiring/53717

I was looking for confirmation from /e/ + murena admins, but finding your post confirms what I suspected, that it really is about certificates expiring. This hadnā€™t happened before that I remember, but itā€™s actually really bad. I just remember all the bad reputation Manjaro got when letting their certs expire the first time, and even worse the second time, :frowning:

+1

I have the same hereā€¦

BTW, at this point Iā€™m getting ā€œUnable to connect to your IMAP serverā€¦ā€. So not just complaining about the cert, but actually not connecting. Unsure if itā€™s due to taking them down to load them with up to date certs, or if things are just getting worseā€¦

BTW, at this point Iā€™m getting ā€œUnable to connect to your IMAP serverā€¦ā€. So not just complaining about the cert, but actually not connecting. Unsure if itā€™s due to taking them down to load them with up to date certs, or if things are just getting worseā€¦

Same here. I woke up this morning to a notification on my /e/os 1.17 avicii that the cert is expired. So I am glad itā€™s not my own problem but more of a global incident.

Pl check the announcement here

1 Like

My mail still doesnt reconnect to the invoice server with unchanged server setting, is there anything i can do?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.