Slow battery charging Fairphone 3?

Hello. I want to know if changing to e OS, the eco mode charging wont be automatically set on?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It’s on, don’t know how to disable, it think it cant be disabled, only in kernel. Btw did you buy a charger ?:wink:

2 Likes

Not yet :sweat_smile: because I am really poor right now.

@Violet_lilly
Is there an eco mode for charging on the Fairphone 3 running /e/OS?

I read about Google Pixel phones supporting something called “Adaptive Charging”.
Google describes it as following:

To help preserve long-term battery life, you can charge your phone steadily overnight. Adaptive charging uses your alarm’s settings to completely charge your phone right before you wake up.
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7106961

So the phone will charge slower than normal, which will make the battery last longer.

On my new HP EliteBook laptop there’s a similar BIOS setting, where I can limit the battery to 80%. This is also intended to extend the battery’s life.

Would be great if /e/OS could also introduce something like this!
At least for certain phones like the Fairphone 3.

I also asked in the Fairphone forum to support such a feature, so the sustainability of the Fairphone could be improved further.

1 Like

to extend the battery’s life

For years, I use a practical hardware solution for this task: a short-term timer (e.g. Ansmann AES1).
This is useful in several situations, not only to limit charging time of devices like phone or razor when leaving them alone.