Smartphone request: Gigaset GS4

I have a GS4 since last year. I enjoy it, but I like to flash it with e OS too. I hope it will come!

1 Like

It is one of the few phones with a decent price and wireless charging. Since there are no phones from OnePlus or Xiaomi in the /e/ store, I would really like a GS4. For my use it might be even more tempting than a OnePlus Nord.

1 Like

:austria: yes, please go for the gigaset gs4! i own one and i am so fed up with g*** always disturbing me wanting more info from me and constantly making me giving away information i do not want to share just to move on.
the gs4 is a very solid phone for a reasonable price tag.
by the way, thanks for the /e/ project i really appriciate it
h.

2 Likes

Yes please, Just ordered one at a really good price.
Hope one day it will be possible to have it running with /e/ but it’s like they are cleaning some stocks…

läuft seit März mit vmtl nicht einwandfreier Bluetooth Implementierung
unabhängig davon
gehört die Alternative zum OS dazu und da schon Gigaset unterstützt wird
GS3/GS4 von Gigaset mit /e/ sollte es geben für den Googledatenwahnsinn und ihrer zum Teil undankbaren Apps und der Drittanbietern .

BEST REGARDS

thnx , l nul MI

Hello, it means that you are running an unofficial build 0.17 ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Well hello there /e/OS is indeed not supported but i ported twrp to the gigaset gs4
but it is not yet official because there are some build complications

Also the GSI of /e/OS is working fine there are just some problems with bluetooth and nfc.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Not to forget the notification LED, which became a pretty rare feature nowadays.

Maybe jump straight to the newly released GS5 instead? :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.gigaset.com/hq_en/gigaset-gs5/

1 Like

ohhhh, noooo. i’ve got the gs4 right here.i think it is good enough for many years to come. :slight_smile:

Great idea… I recently saw this launch by Gigaset : it would be a good upgrade for my GS290, which is rather slow (for data connection) because it has only Wifi 4 ! Hope there will be a new collaboration Gigaset / eOS for that new device !

I also want a /e/OS fot the GS4 soon

GS290 is sold out. So currently is no EU Phone available with /e/OS support. It would be very nice, if /e/OS would run on GS4 @Manoj

Well, I guess there is still no /e/ validation for Gs4? Very sad for that awesome phone with the price/performance balance

Unfortunally, there are only TWRP sources (by @StarMiner99) for GS4 @ GH:

You can actually download twrp officially for the Gs4 by now.
Speaking of custom roms I tried to develop a device tree but I just can’t find any proper resources on how to do so.
If someone finds a guide or even some information send me the link pls. Especially for Mediatek boards.

I would welcome an adapted version of /e/ for the gigaset gs4 too!
Martin

Gigaset GS4
adb shell = Gigaset_GS4
runs fine and almost flawless with /e/OS-Q V1.5 GSI treble_arm64_bvN

My apology in advance for annoying again, but as I understand the situation, there isn‘t really a /e/ release for Gs4? Im not really sure what this twrp stuff on github means.