Smartphone request: Gigaset GS4

I’d love if /e/ would support as well the brand new GS 4 from Gigaset. Another smartphone with a replaceable battery, fairly priced and assembled in Europe…

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

6 Likes

Yes, Please ! GS seems truthfully !

From me a yes too, please :slight_smile:

Greetings to all,

I am also giving my vote for the GS4.

Compared to GS290, addition to what has been already mentioned, GS4 has better camera and especially the possibility use dual SIM and SD card, all three at the same time. All this with very minimal premium on price.

The feature to use the 2 SIMs and SD simultaneously, does not exist in the GS290 (the model is available in e-foundation e-shop). Lack of this feature is major obstacle for me at least. If GS 290 had the feature to use 2 SIMs and SD simultaneously, I’d buy one today.

Perhaps the GS4 would be available in e-foundation e-shop one day?

3 Likes

Yes, I’m waiting for the GS4 too - great upgrade for the GS290: removable Battery, better camera…
And also made in Germany!

1 Like

Yes GS4 please! good phone, partly made in EU … just need to get rid of G*****

2 Likes

GS4 seems to be a good smartphone. Build in germany, with /e/ it will be perfect. Want one.

1 Like

At the moment from hardware point of view it doesn’t make sense to get the GS290. It is at 229€, exact same price as GS4.
Is there a possibility to get /e/ on the GS4?

Edit: I have just seen the GS4 for 195€ on Amazon and got it. I hope I can get /e/ on it some day soon! :smiley:

2 Likes

Today, just read about GS4 in an article of german tech magazine c’t , sounds pretty interesting considering price and tech specifications. Currently with only one thing missing: /e/
How about plans, to make /e/ available on GS4?

1 Like

My mum has a GS4 too :blush:

1 Like

@Julien, maybe you should give a hand to your mum then. As GS4 is not running /e/OS yet and the official installation seems to be affected by a malware attack as several German website reported. Here an English language article:

https://www.worldatnews.com/at/2021/04/gigaset-malware-attacks-on-the-manufacturers-android-devices-are-puzzling.html

1 Like

Thank you. Hope to get official /e/Os soon :blush:

2 Likes

Hi ich fände es toll, wenn es bald eine /e/os version für das Gigaset Gs4 gäbe.
Oder ein TWRP.img

Gruß Oliver
2 Likes

Ich habe mir vor kurzem das GS4 zugelegt und möchte es gerne ohne G** einrichten! ich fände es daher auch toll, wenn das mit /e/os klappen würde!
Dazu gleich gleich noch eine Anfänger-Frage: kann man die Werkseinstellungen/Android wieder herstellen falls es mit dem neuen Betriebssystem nicht klappt?

1 Like

That would be so good, after buying a european phone ( Hello there, German friends :de: :wave: ) , I’m eager to install the /e/ OS on it !

Make it real pls ! :heart:

1 Like

Hallo Uta, Klar, wenn man zu /e/ wechseln kann, kann man auch wieder zurück wechseln. Natürlich st das kein 1-Klck-Wechsel und wie das genau funktioniert, ist von Hersteller zu Hersteller etwas anders. Aber es geht. Jetzt drücken wir ersteinmal de Daumen, dass es /e/ irgendwann für das GS4 geben wird. :slight_smile:

Vielen Dank für die Info. Wie und ob ich das hinbekomme - darüber zerbreche ich mir den Kopf wenn es soweit ist! und drücke solang die Daumen mit😉.

1 Like

I bought a GS4 just a few weeks ago. After going through the setup process I am just longing to install /e/OS. So as long as it is not available, the GS4 is now back in the box.
By announcing that /e/OS is available for the GS4, you would be doing me a great favor.

Device codename is “Gigaset_GS4” (Supported devices - Google Play Help - Google Support).
Interesting thread on XDA : Root Gigaset GS4 | XDA Forums