Hi, I have a simple problem: many of the apps that are supposed to run in the background don’t seem to do so.
- WhatsApp doesn’t always check for messages until I open the app, and WhatsApp Web often can’t connect to my phone until I open the app;
- Spotify loses connection with external speakers when it’s not in the foreground;
- Email apps (FairEmail and Protonmail) don’t receive new messages until I open them and actively refresh.
This might be a very simple problem, but just for clarity:
- Battery saver is turned off, and I keep my battery charged;
- I don’t restrict any apps from using battery in the background;
- Most of the apps have Battery optimisation turned on – I don’t think that should cause this problem though;
- Battery profile is ‘Balanced’ (3/5) by default, I’ve tried turning it up to ‘Quick’ (4/5) which doesn’t make a difference
- WiFi or mobile data doesn’t make a difference;
- Background data is turned on for the apps in question.
So I’m out of ideas for now. Has anyone had the same problem, or perhaps an idea of how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!