Some things not visible

Hello

I upgraded my phone recently-ish to:

e_starlte-user 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20240506.224422 dev-keys

Since, certain things do not show on my phone screen. I don’t know what it would be called, but it’s for example, the Guardian newspaper crossword appearing only as a square box but nothing inside the box, where all the miniboxes where the individual letters are supposed to go not there.

Anything of that nature is invisible, and it would be great if someone could guide me to sort that out. Thank you.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Anyone able to help? Or even just tell me what these kinds of things are called in the tech world so I can look it up myself?

Grids, some pictures, crossword puzzles etc., not showing on an otherwise well-functioning phone?

Thanks.

Hello @buzzears,

It seems that you’re using a dev version… Which /e/OS version are you on ?

Hello, thanks for alerting me to the How To.

My phone info: 2.0-r-20240506399551-stable-starlte

Looking forward to learning how to see these grids and pics on my phone, thanks.

I see this with some technical terms GridLayout  |  Android Developers :slight_smile:

I wonder, do you see this across the whole device or is it only in the browser?

If only the Browser, you might start by clearing the cache. You could try a different browser, does that give any clues. Clearing Data may have a bigger impact, but it will delete logins etc.

Okay so you’re definitly on stable. My mistake. Then try aibd solution.

Hello, and thank you for your replies.

I tried using Firefox browser instead of my usual DuckDuckGo, and it worked. I then noticed the difference between the two browsers: Firefox had a white background, DuckDuckGo had a black background. Perhaps this is why some things were not visible? I opened up the DDG browser ‘settings’, then into ‘Theme’ and sure enough, the ‘Apply Dark Theme to sites, when possible’ was switched on. I turned that off, and DDG now shows everything.

So happy it turned out to be something simple.

2 Likes

Ye i had similar issues with browsers enforcing dark mode in sites. Some even reversed colors so that the white became black, but all the others colors were reverted too…