Sony - castor_windy - castor_windy - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

I think the way to check the “rootability” status by dialing the appropriate sequence could be explained.
Castor_windy is a wifi tablet and NOT a phone, so dialing a phone number is just impossible :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
The good way is :

1. Open the Contacts app.
  2. Click the menu button in the top right.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Long press (for about 5 seconds) somewhere in the empty space just above soft key bar, and then release your finger. A button named Enter service code will then appear in the same area (this may take a few tries).
  5. Click Enter service code. A dialer will appear.
  6. Enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialer.
  7. Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

I think the documentation is really outdated and need some “refurbishment”
I don’t success to update my castor_windy but I discover that :
-1- In Flashtool the round XPeriFirm button is not working, because today XPeriFirm and Flashtool are 2 separate softwares (refer to https://xperifirmtool.com/ )

-2- Flashtool doesn’t install the needed drivers because of a signature issue, so you have to disable driver-signature-check (as a minimum on Win11 and probably on other OS).

-3- I will update this post when I will be successful (If I succeed)