Sony - Xperia 10 - kirin - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

please add information about when to install TWRP and which guide to follow. Currently, the documentation just says “In TWRP return to main menu” without ever mentioning it before.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to add this topic into the documentation.

I had difficulties installing the recovery img from the installation docs. What I did was installing the TWRP from:

and then installed e-dev with adb. It took me a few hours to figure this out. It was the first time I installed a different OS on a phone…

1 Like

Can it be that the images are only a few megabytes?
From other devices I am used to much bigger image files.

Thank you
Thorsten

My Bad.

Please ignore.
I was visually distracted and just looking at teh *img Files.

Thank you
Throsten

Hi there,

I just installed /e/ on an Xperia 10 Kirin. @Manoj Everything went well but I have a suggestion for the “Unlocking the bootloader” part it’s written this :

1. On the device, dial *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) to launch the service menu.
  2. Go to service info > configuration and check rooting status - you can only continue if it says Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes.
  3. Connect the device to your PC via USB.
  4. On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type:
 adb reboot bootloader
  1. Follow the instructions on Sony’s official unlocking website to unlock your bootloader.
  2. Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging to continue (Settings->About Phone->Build version, and then you can go to Settings->Developer opptions to enable USB debugging).

It’s missing this line, I think, between step 5 and 6

Use your code to unlock the bootloader of your device:

fastboot oem unlock <your_unlock_code>

Since it’s not my first time installing /e/ on a device, I knew something was missing and I had to do something to unlock the bootloader. Anyway I think it worth putting that on the documentation.

Also I couldn’t get back on the sony after unlocking the bootloader, it got stuck on the booting xperia, so I went back on fastboot mode and continue the installation and it worked. (So I skipped step 6 of unlocking the bootloader)

Thanks a lot for making this possible !!

Thanks for pointing this out. Will have it checked and add the line of code between the steps 5 and 6

Hello.
According to the documentation :slight_smile: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/how-to-unlock-bootloader/#tutorial-step-3

fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>

“0x” is missing in eOS documentation

I’ve done it whithout “0x” and it worked

Looks like it’s still not part of the docs.

I followed these steps: https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-twrp-recovery-android-no-root/

which of course “reverted” the step that I did before that of installing the recovery image.

Hi there,
I did’t find any instructions for upgrading /e/, so I had a look at the instructions at lineageOS and figured out myself. All went well. Are there any plans for adding upgrade instructions to the /e/ manuals?
Thanks for your great work!