Sony Xperia XA2 H3113 - Service Menu inaccessible with /e/ R dev

Dear community,

noticed today that the Sony Service Menu is not accessible anymore with this method on an XA2 (lineage_pioneer-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210805.001.A1 eng.root.20211005.172439 dev-keys):

To check, on the device dial *#*#7378423#*#* to launch the service menu.

Is this due to the dev./beta status of R or is it an unsupported function within /e/ (or just a singularity)?

Kindest regards
Ulrich

PS: Same phenomenon on Sony Z2 Tablet LTE with /e/ 0.20, so it might be intentionally unsupported?

I think I read that the devs had at some point combined the Service menu into the Info menu, which you can access at *#*#INFO#*#*. (That’s a couple of extra *#......#* than used to be the norm.) You should be able to find all the info there.

EDIT: Actually, disregard…the Sony Service menu information is not included in the INFO menu. I was mistaken about that.

The service menu can’t be accessed on my xa2 pioneer running dotos gsi or xz2c running e either.

Maybe it becomes defunct after bootloader unlocking, I don’t know, but I’ve never thought of it until now. No need.

It was only recently I used it on the xz2c to see bootloader and sim unlocking info. It may be Sony specific whereas the ##4636## is generic and works on custom roms; but displays a different set of info, mainly phone/wifi stuff.

As far as I know, the service menu is proprietary to Sony and is part of the stock ROM. Custom ROMs do not have access the Sony code which implements the feature, so it is not available is such ROMs. Some ROMs may have implemented their own versions of the service menu, but not /e/OS

2 Likes

Thanks for all the helpful answers, very much appreciated!
More and more, dealing with /e/ is a pleasure.

1 Like